Bank question can anyone help ?

If it's closed, the transaction will be refused so the money will end up back where it came from.

If it's frozen, it may depend on why it's been frozen. Sometimes banks will still allow money into an account but not allow any withdrawals - if, for example, they've temporarily frozen it because they think the card has been stolen. No fraudster is ever going to illegally deposit money to his victim's account.

The cash could also now go into the "bankers bonus fund miscellaneous earnings account". This is a new Tory gov idea wherebye the bank simply keeps the money for their bonuses unless you can prove that they have got it. If you can prove that they have got it, they pay it back but deduct a "holding fee" which is normally far in excess of the original amount that went missing.Hope this helps.:roll:

I have done, they told me it would be better to go into the local branch as they would know more but i haven't had the chance.

Thats why i asked on here.......

That is the "Attempt to fob them off stage one" routine!

That is the "Attempt to fob them off stage one" routine!

Yeah thats what i thought, are there computers different to the ones in the branch, one thinks not.

I wasn't wasting my phone bill on them anyway its cheaper to go in and see them when I'm in town.

Yeah thats what i thought, are there computers different to the ones in the branch, one thinks not.

I wasn't wasting my phone bill on them anyway its cheaper to go in and see them when I'm in town.

I had an awful experience with Yorkshire Bank just recently. They made an error with an account number which cost us bank charges from another company, PLUS a call from a debt collecting agency. In the end we finished up with an apology and compensation.

Archived