50,000 a year salary and can't manage!

I’ve just watched a TV programme on channel two about the recession and job cuts. Quite interesting, but also quite disturbing as not really painting a very good picture for many years to come, in fact quite the reverse.

But the point of this tread is that it shown a family with a 50,000 a year salary and not managing, (WHAT)

I live on a fraction of that wage and manage to survive, (in a fashion) what do these people do, to not be able to live on that sort of salary?

These sorts of TV shows are very informative but the people they show as struggling are a joke. He should try to live on a normal person’s wage and then he’d question his salary.

I don’t feel sorry for him at all, jammy bugger.

But to answer your question, why can't some people survive on £50k a year?

German saloon cars aren't cheap to run, neither are French cars cheap to maintain.

Chuck in a few foreign holidays a year, stir in a big mortgage, sprinkle on a couple of money-grabbing ex-wives, and before you know it, you're livin' in the poor house.

Yes, I speak from bitter experience.

x

I’ve just watched a TV programme on channel two about the recession and job cuts. Quite interesting, but also quite disturbing as not really painting a very good picture for many years to come, in fact quite the reverse.

But the point of this tread is that it shown a family with a 50,000 a year salary and not managing, (WHAT)

I live on a fraction of that wage and manage to survive, (in a fashion) what do these people do, to not be able to live on that sort of salary?

These sorts of TV shows are very informative but the people they show as struggling are a joke. He should try to live on a normal person’s wage and then he’d question his salary.

I don’t feel sorry for him at all, jammy bugger.

I'm not sure of your "normal person’s wage" analogy. Have you tried living off the wage of an Indian seamstress in Bangalor? :hihi:

It could be that people live within their means and to have it removed is probably difficult...I'm sure they'll come to terms with it eventually and adjust.

Look the minimum wage for over 21 year olds is £5.80 and many people don't get paid much more than that as employers know they don't have too. So the avarage worker my be living on say 20k a year.

Surley a worker / family shown struggling on this wage would be a far better example then someone with a 50k sarary who's front room is big enough to have the truck that carried the filming equipment in it as well as all the film crew.

The more people earn the more their expenses tend to be. Bigger mortgage, bigger car, and various other things.

People invariably live to their income.

If only that were true, lots of people live way beyond their income.

Surley a worker / family shown struggling on this wage would be a far better example then someone with a 50k sarary who's front room is big enough to have the truck that carried the filming equipment in it as well as all the film crew.

Yes, but where's the satisfaction in watching a hard-working family man suffer?

Far better to laugh at a bunch of smug gits who have such a poor grip of their finances that they can't survive on twice the national wage!

Archived