Asha

Should we promote Sheffields underground dance scene in Chesterfield  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should we promote Sheffields underground dance scene in Chesterfield

• yeah spread the word
    • keep it underground in Sheff
    • give up
    • support it 100%

Genesis Nightclub in Chesterfield is not well renown for doing anything special, in the past it's been a out of town club, which used to play commercial dance music, well I've banned Scooter and DJ sammy,

So if you are into Funky House, Sheffields underground Speed Garage scene and serious Essential new dance music then come down on a Saturday and have a listen, the night is called Local Heros.

As part of Local heros Iam looking for local DJ talent or Vocalists with their own material, you have got to be doing playing out new music, not DJ sammy, send me your demos to Mark Ashmore, Genesis Nightclub, Chatsworth road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, I give everyone a listen, you never know next week you could be playing out, well not next week as we have Sheffield DJ Dave Stanton playing (1st NOV) and the folowing week we have female speed garage DJ Cherry from Chesterfield playing out (8th Nov)

Spread the word, the musical revolution has begun.

Asha

can you offer me an description of the history of speed garage in relation to UK garage? i read that the dreem team started off playing speed garage then morphed into the UK garage scene.

i quite like the UK sound and associated breaks, but missed out the speed g scene - only been exposed to it at niche a few times.

Originally posted by fnkysknky

get your own scene :P

? who is this comment aimed at?! what does it mean? i've been into the dnb/jungle scene for about 8 years now and i'm interested in other genres of music that influence or are influenced by 'my scene'. hybridity and that, innit.

the reflective label (reflex records in sheff) do a weekly speed garage night every friday at .zero. ive been two or three times and the place is packed to the rafters. if u go into reflex records they'll tell you all about it, they have some big stars on the scene signed to them aswell. well worth a try.

Archived