Is it about time the England Vs Germany obsession ended.

Lets be honest. Since the World War they've done almost everything better than us.

I don't feel its in good taste to compare ourselves to them anymore.

We wouldn't be happy if Afghanistan citizens thought they could rival us, and have the oddasity to think they are equally as bad as us at football would we?

Did anyone see Top Gear they had an amazing piece of machinery to check the cars in Germany.

Yeah, the O.P. is correct-----things 've changed over the last few years. We have to use a level playing field [ ! ] if we 're going to compare like with like.

So, we have to find a country about the same population as ours, full of a lot of daft, selfish, childish, greedy, idle people, who love the idea of living in a large kindergarden. It has to be a country that had a good start in life, but, despite every advantage vis-a-vis most other places, has made a complete dog 's dinner of it all, these past 30 years or so.

Anybody know of such a place ?

Yeah, the O.P. is correct-----things 've changed over the last few years. We have to use a level playing field [ ! ] if we 're going to compare like with like.

So, we have to find a country about the same population as ours, full of a lot of daft, selfish, childish, greedy, idle people, who love the idea of living in a large kindergarden. It has to be a country that had a good start in life, but, despite every advantage vis-a-vis most other places, has made a complete dog 's dinner of it all, these past 30 years or so.

Anybody know of such a place ?

France........

I can't be bothered to read the WW2 article on wikipedia.

In a nutshell was it Germans attack countries, tried attacking us we sent them home?

I really need to brush up on my history i just found it so boring to be honest.

I've never really had a problem with germany it's bloody france i can't stand a thousand years of kicking they're arse and two world wars are supposed to make us friends.

I say forget germany, france is the new old enemy we love to hate didn't nelson say "you should hate the french like you hate the devil"

Nice country though:hihi:.

practioner----Well, it was all about a bloke called Hitler [ or was it Himmler ? ]. He wanted to make a united Europe, but sooner, rather than later. As usual,we didn 't want to join, so we all had a punch-up. Some people think that old Hitler [ or was it Goering ? ] is still alive and controlling Europe from a secret H.Q. below a restaurant in Brussels. [ They never give up, them Germans ].

Has anybody checked that Merkel 's C.V ? She 's always ' nice ' and smiling, but so was Goebels ! [ or was it Bormann ? ]. There could be something in this story and it 's time the Great British Public were told the Truth !

Archived