Is it about time the England Vs Germany obsession ended.

I was disgusted by the comments from the basildon chavs when asked whether they would support germany, obviously plenty of blame goes to the bbc reporters:loopy:.....I hope it was the bbc now otherwise Im an idiot:D. The chavs were saying they wouldn't support germany because they bombed us.

Get over it, most of the nazis are dead and plenty of the german population resisted them (I doubt the chavs would stand up to anyone with any kind of weapon or indeed a pointy ring). Obviously they havent quite understood the concept of it not actually being england versus germany and what the hell has it got to do with football? thickos!!!

Ps I really like the way the germans play, and will not be supporting england in future matches...not until they learn how to play together anyway. Go Deutschland!

BBC News was fanastic this morning. They interviewed the dregs of society in Basildon - string vests, topless men with tattoos, women who wouldn't be out of place on Jeremy Kyle.

They were asking "Who will you be supporting, Germany or Spain?"

The best reply was from a guy: "Spain of course, coz Germany bombed us during the war".

good it was the bbc

I was disgusted by the comments from the basildon chavs when asked whether they would support germany, obviously plenty of blame goes to the bbc reporters:loopy:.....I hope it was the bbc now otherwise Im an idiot:D. The chavs were saying they wouldn't support germany because they bombed us.

Get over it, most of the nazis are dead and plenty of the german population resisted them (I doubt the chavs would stand up to anyone with any kind of weapon or indeed a pointy ring). Obviously they havent quite understood the concept of it not actually being england versus germany and what the hell has it got to do with football? thickos!!!

Ps I really like the way the germans play, and will not be supporting england in future matches...not until they learn how to play together anyway. Go Deutschland!

If you were not there at the time you are not in a possition to say that. Even if you were you can only speak for yourself.

Lets be honest. Since the World War they've done almost everything better than us.

I don't feel its in good taste to compare ourselves to them anymore.

We wouldn't be happy if Afghanistan citizens thought they could rival us, and have the oddasity to think they are equally as bad as us at football would we?

Did anyone see Top Gear they had an amazing piece of machinery to check the cars in Germany.

Their cricket and rugby teams aren't up to much. Our Olympic record is better than theirs, we've come out on top recently in F1, we've also led the world on the engineering side of F1.

Away from sport we've produced some top class designers and engineers, for example all the person who is the brains behind Apples recent inventions such as the Ipod and Iphone is British.

My German friend tells me Germans do not see England as their main sporting rivals, their focus is on their 'local derby' with Holland. Apparently it is quite amusing to them that we still think the German/England thing is a big deal.

The same way that QPR or Fulham see themselves as Chelsea's rivals.

The Netherlands are definitely Germany's biggest rivals but it's nonsense to say they don't care about beating us, they absolutely love it, just not as much as beating Holland. They just like to tell us that they don't care about our rivalry because it's quite a good little jibe.

I'm not holding any grudges I'll tell you that. I love what Germany have done with their team, got a load of youth players in and are playing exiting football. Based on previous performances thus far they definitely deserve to win.

Archived