Why are some bus drivers so hateful?

Why are some bus drivers so hateful and nasty towards their passengers?

I've recently started to use buses and just can't believe how some bus drivers treat passengers. If you can eventually get a bus to stop to pick you up instead of driving past half full you are met by an unsmiling, mannerless 'God on wheels' who makes it so obvious that you are a hinderance to him.

How on earth do these morons get bus driving jobs in the first place? and why do bus companies continue to employ bad mannered drivers?

I can't believe the prompt which comes up, when you start a new thread which has already been done to death, is broken...

:D

If you can eventually get a bus to stop to pick you up instead of driving past half full

Try sticking your hand out.

I can't ever remember having this happen to me (unless the bus has been crammed to the rafters), or ever being on a bus that has been half empty that has gone past someone who has indicated that they want it to stop, so with the greatest of respect, I would suggest that you're talking out of your Khyber Pass.

I can't ever remember having this happen to me (unless the bus has been crammed to the rafters), or ever being on a bus that has been half empty that has gone past someone who has indicated that they want it to stop, so with the greatest of respect, I would suggest that you're talking out of your Khyber Pass.

love it! :hihi:

I think they're often too busy cutting up cyclists to notice the queue flagging them down :hihi:

Powells buses.....number 18, has a terrible driver that always has a mate stood next to him chatting while he drives.

He has not seen me till the last minute and had to slam the breaks on.

Then had a go at me because he did not see me!

A dangerous driver!

Too busy chatting with a mate and not concentrating on the road!!!

You think...?

I was on the 4pm National Express bus from London to Sheffield on Monday, and the lady driver was....terrifying. To say the least.

She was overbearing, patronising and rude :loopy:, but at least I'm safely back in Sheff! :hihi:

Why are some bus drivers so hateful and nasty towards their passengers?

Working with the general public will do that to the nicest of people.

When I worked in a convenience store the constant stream of ill-mannered, self-important chavs did start to wear me down. After enough people have chucked their copper change back at you or talked to you like you're their slave, it sucks your enthusiasm somewhat so that you can't even be arsed to make the effort with the decent folk.

Yes, some bus drivers are unpleasant but I can also sympathise knowing what they have to put up with.

my nephew has been driving busses for last 5 years since leaving the army and over those years he has changed rom a happy bloke into someone who cant stand going to work, simply because of all the hassle he gets off passengers each day, you need to remember if a driver looks miserable or is snappy toward you its probably because A) he's just had 30 mins of screaming babies in his ears or kids shouting and screaming all over the bus.

B) has had a standing argument because someone has tried the old oh sorry i dont have change can i pay with a £20 trick fully knowing he doesnt have enough change for them.

or © has someone at every stop say to him cheer up ya miserable sod, or you've got a face like thunder.

show a bit of sympathy for them, they have to put up with us all day long every day!!!!

Archived