Why are some bus drivers so hateful?

I can only speak as I find.

Since using the buses I have witnessed bus drivers treat intending passengers very badly by driving past them, half empty at bus stops even after they have held their hands out for the bus. Shouldn't drivers look out for intending passengers?

I have seen them smoking and using mobile phones whilst driving which are both illegal practices.

I have seen them with passengers chatting to them on the platform for up to 15 minutes whilst the bus is in motion.

We all know that bus driving can sometimes be stressfull and that some bus drivers haven't got the mental capacity for it and shouldn't be doing the job but why should bus passengers have to suffer?

I can only speak as I find.

Since using the buses I have witnessed bus drivers treat intending passengers very badly by driving past them, half empty at bus stops even after they have held their hands out for the bus. Shouldn't drivers look out for intending passengers?

I have seen them smoking and using mobile phones whilst driving which are both illegal practices.

I have seen them with passengers chatting to them on the platform for up to 15 minutes whilst the bus is in motion.

We all know that bus driving can sometimes be stressfull and that some bus drivers haven't got the mental capacity for it and shouldn't be doing the job but why should bus passengers have to suffer?

My bold: Which buses are you using exactly? I've been getting buses practically everyday now for 10 years (I'm 18, by the way) and not once have I found a bus driver disrespectful, hateful or otherwise. They've all been perfectly pleasant to me, and other passengers. And the only times I've seen a bus drive past a passenger waiting at a stop is when the bus is full to capacity, and cannot take any more fares legally.

Even if a bus driver has been upset by a passenger that any reason to take it out on other passengers.

Do bus drivers get any customer care training at all? because it seems very doubtful that they do.

I travel on several bus routes each week and the bad driver problem seems to be on most of them.

Even if a bus driver has been upset by a passenger that any reason to take it out on other passengers.

Do bus drivers get any customer care training at all? because it seems very doubtful that they do.

I travel on several bus routes each week and the bad driver problem seems to be on most of them.

What do you expect from a bus driver? For them to greet each passenger like a long lost relative? To remain cheerful when being abused for doing their job?

Many of us hate driving to work and many of us woudln't like dealing with some of the scummiest members of the public all day, every day, so cut them some slack.

All I expect from the bus driver is to stop when requested and carry passengers to their destination in safety, that is all.

x

I travel on buses frequently, and although many bus drivers wouldn't get 'personality of the year' awards, if I stick my hand out - they normally stop. Working with the general public and having to negotiate Sheffield's poor road conditions, along with non-indicating and selfish drivers, cyclists and pedestrians wouldn't put a smile on my face!

None have ever been rude to me, and some (especially on the SCT buses) are really pleasant. I've not seen a driver smoking whilst driving or using a mobile phone. Unlike some passengers. :suspect:

I wouldnt be a bus driver if it paid 10k a week .

having to sit there and smile while dealing with passengers who do nothing but moan and complain is something i havn`t got the patience to do .

Daily journeys with youths vandalising the bus seats ,graffiti, noise to name just a few.

Im lucky enough to not to have to suffer bus journeys ,and share a journey with any of the above , but the poor driver isnt so lucky.

They deserve a medal , not moaning passengers whinging about them on here.

Also , imagine approaching a bus stop only to see a group of youth hoodies or a mother with a couple of screaming ankle biters , knowing you have to stop and pick them up .

Doing that 5 days a week is enough to turn the most mild mannered person into a raging maniac.

It seems that some bus drivers just don't like their job so why don't they just leave so that people who are prepared to do the job properly can replace them?

Why don't the bus companies sort out their bad drivers and sack them?

I travel on buses frequently, and although many bus drivers wouldn't get 'personality of the year' awards, if I stick my hand out - they normally stop. Working with the general public and having to negotiate Sheffield's poor road conditions, along with non-indicating and selfish drivers, cyclists and pedestrians wouldn't put a smile on my face!

None have ever been rude to me, and some (especially on the SCT buses) are really pleasant. I've not seen a driver smoking whilst driving or using a mobile phone. Unlike some passengers. :suspect:

My Bold

The same could be said of bus drivers, they pull out first then indicate or they are coming down a road about 2 foot over the centre line when they dont have to.

Also , imagine approaching a bus stop only to see a group of youth hoodies or a mother with a couple of screaming ankle biters , knowing you have to stop and pick them up .

Doing that 5 days a week is enough to turn the most mild mannered person into a raging maniac.

Yeah but they love getting the old gimmers on so they can play "topple the granny".

Archived