Visiting the usa with a criminal record.. help?

well it isnt really a criminal record (well at least i dont think so) ive got 2 cautions on my criminal record both quite minor offences, i was arrested both times but they were never taken to court.

1, can i travel to the usa under the visa waiver program, or do i have to have an interview with the embassy for a visa,

2, do cautions show up on your criminal record,

3, when you get to usa cutoms, will they check your criminal record before letting you enter the country.

i phoned the embassy in london...a water proof tea bag would be more usefull!

but im wanting to book a holiday to LA, i really dont want to get there and it all going t!ts up because this is a special holiday, its to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we have been saving for this for years! any information would be ever so gratefully recieved. :)

Don't tell them. Just like the terrorists don't tick the "I intend to blow people up" box.

deffently dont want too blow em up, i love the amercians!

i cant do what you suggested, what if i get there and they refuse entry, i would be soo sooo :sad:

Just don't tell them. It's not as if it's a serious offense that kept you in-prisoned.

We went to Florida last year and my dad had been locked up for the night for fighting at football a month before and he never said anything.

We have been going every year for the past 8-9 years and he's never declared anything and never had a problem.

I'm not saying my dad gets arrested all the time either lol he's just like you, a couple of minor incidents.

well it isnt really a criminal record (well at least i dont think so) ive got 2 cautions on my criminal record both quite minor offences, i was arrested both times but they were never taken to court.

1, can i travel to the usa under the visa waiver program, or do i have to have an interview with the embassy for a visa,

2, do cautions show up on your criminal record,

3, when you get to usa cutoms, will they check your criminal record before letting you enter the country.

i phoned the embassy in london...a water proof tea bag would be more usefull!

but im wanting to book a holiday to LA, i really dont want to get there and it all going t!ts up because this is a special holiday, its to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we have been saving for this for years! any information would be ever so gratefully recieved. :)

unfortunately your out of luck !

Traveller has never been arrested (even if the arrest did not lead to a conviction) and has not been convicted of a crime.

it specifically states your cautions etc.

Caution's do show up on a check i'm afraid !

Archived