Visiting the usa with a criminal record.. help?

People are complaining about having to have a visa to enter the US. There's nothing unusual about that. Most countries want that. You want special consideration because of the "special relationship " at the same time some of you complain about your involvement in Afghanistan. A Briton came to the US with a bomb in his shoe, Just one maybe, but there is cause to be concerned about others coming in bent on mischief. 99% of Britons would I'm sure cause no problem, but you clearly have plenty of Yank haters.

People are complaining about having to have a visa to enter the US. There's nothing unusual about that. Most countries want that. You want special consideration because of the "special relationship " at the same time some of you complain about your involvement in Afghanistan. A Briton came to the US with a bomb in his shoe, Just one maybe, but there is cause to be concerned about others coming in bent on mischief. 99% of Britons would I'm sure cause no problem, but you clearly have plenty of Yank haters.

dont worry about it Buck....plenty of british hate the british :hihi:

i have nothing against the USA and ive found a lot harder countries to get into

including Syria and Israel :roll:

At least the USA is free to enter unlike places like turkey,dominican republic etc..

look, iam not getting into another arguement with you, think what you want, i dont care, what im saying now is i will take my cash elsewhere, end of story, so stop coming back with yank hater theories, have you ever wondered why there are so many yank haters with the posts you have posted along with your american friends, why are you even on sf, you clearly dont want to be classed as british, so go and trawl some american forum!

and another thing whilst you have me rilled, i was a great lover of all things american, (everyone who knows me knows that) but if you and your american friends are owt to go by... my opinions need to be swiftly changed.

No they don't, otherwise you'll be falling into the category you've lumped buck into. Stay with the way you feel rather than being misguided by the likes of buck...remember he's not an American...he's as English as you. He just happens to be over there.

Most anti Americanism is based on ignorance (to much TV) but like anyone on here ex pats have the right to be on here too. But..do not make the mistake of comparing Americans with ex-pats..they really are not one in the same, they have more in common with you than their foster parents.

Did you consider Canada bordering the States? Least that way if you get refused you just cross back over the line. Canada is beautiful...look into it.

and another thing whilst you have me rilled, i was a great lover of all things american, (everyone who knows me knows that) but if you and your american friends are owt to go by... my opinions need to be swiftly changed.
My last post was not particularly addressed to you. If a little criticism of true facts offends you then maybe you should stay away. A Briton actually did try to bomb a US aircraft with him aboard and failed. There have been known Al Quaida cells formiing in Britain, stopped by first class police work. Look at any thread that mentions America and count the number of anti American posts on it. A classic one once stated that " Those who died on 9/11 DESERVED IT ". As I have pointed out, these fights always start with some derogotory remark about America. I am British, and an American citizen. I was born in Attercliffe, my home was destroyed by a German bomb, but I don't write garbage about Germany when that country is featured on SF. I have a right to criticize the land I ws born in, when it is unfair to the land that adopted me.

No they don't, otherwise you'll be falling into the category you've lumped buck into. Stay with the way you feel rather than being misguided by the likes of buck...remember he's not an American...he's as English as you. He just happens to be over there.

Most anti Americanism is based on ignorance (to much TV) but like anyone on here ex pats have the right to be on here too. But..do not make the mistake of comparing Americans with ex-pats..they really are not one in the same, they have more in common with you than their foster parents.

Did you consider Canada bordering the States? Least that way if you get refused you just cross back over the line. Canada is beautiful...look into it.

That is the best advice yet. There was a time when British residents in Canada didn't, like Canadians, need to show a passport. Sadly, that all changed in the Bush years. I imagine crossing into Windsor, Ontario today is quite a hassle. I know going up to my beloved Montreal is for us.

Archived