Visiting the usa with a criminal record.. help?

Canucks that is... Sorry..Eh
I guess if Vancouver can call its hockey team Canucks its OK. Quebecois don't like it much, so we got to calling them Pepsis or Peasoupers instead. They called us Tetes Carres ( Squareheads ). Vive Le Canada! eh.

Try taking an RV up there with a couple of cases of beer and see what happens.

We didn't understand why they would confiscate our beer till we saw the prices up there !

When I went to live in Montreal back in 1968, you could go in a tavern, which didn't allow women in, except as barmaids, order up a one pound grilled steak served on a wooden platter, and enjoy a "grosse cinquante " which is a 20 ounce bottle of Labatt 50 ale, then another and still have change from a $5.00 bill including tip. Some years later, the ladies complained to the Quebec government that they were being discriminated against, since many business people were now women, and they were not able to compete. In response the government created the brasserie, which was exactly the same as a tavern and women could go in. Neither served hard liquor, only beer and wine. In the end the tavern virtually disappeared totally, except around The Point, a very tough Montreal neighborhood at Dockside.

I have a right to criticize the land I ws born in, when it is unfair to the land that adopted me.

well good for you! glad to hear you found your feet and escaped the the dregs of england, but your still british no matter how many times you say that your american, thats something that cannot be changed.

When I went to live in Montreal back in 1968, you could go in a tavern, which didn't allow women in, except as barmaids, order up a one pound grilled steak served on a wooden platter, and enjoy a "grosse cinquante " which is a 20 ounce bottle of Labatt 50 ale, then another and still have change from a $5.00 bill including tip. Some years later, the ladies complained to the Quebec government that they were being discriminated against, since many business people were now women, and they were not able to compete. In response the government created the brasserie, which was exactly the same as a tavern and women could go in. Neither served hard liquor, only beer and wine. In the end the tavern virtually disappeared totally, except around The Point, a very tough Montreal neighborhood at Dockside.

I used to go to Toe Blakes Tavern on St Catherone Street. Beer was 10 cents a glass and the food was hot and cheap. No women allowed though.

I never particularly liked the place but the cheap beer and good food fitted in pretty well with my somewhat limited budget

I heard that two young women went in and tried to get service and some of the guys threw beer over them

Look at any thread that mentions America and count the number of anti American posts on it. A classic one once stated that " Those who died on 9/11 DESERVED IT ".

that is so :oing and evil, i would never say anything like that, that has just made me sick to my stomach!

anyway ive decided that i still love the americans and thier country, and have the upmost respect for both and still want to visit however hard it would be, i will just remember not to interact with any british born american wannabees seeing though they are the ones who give america a bad name!

Try taking an RV up there with a couple of cases of beer and see what happens.

We didn't understand why they would confiscate our beer till we saw the prices up there !

One of the best beers I ever tasted was a Canadian beer brewed somewhere in British Columbia called Okanagan Gold. It was only sold around Banff and the eastern area of BC. Couldn't find it in Vancouver even

Look at any thread that mentions America and count the number of anti American posts on it. A classic one once stated that " Those who died on 9/11 DESERVED IT ".

that is so :oing and evil, i would never say anything like that, that has just made me sick to my stomach!

anyway ive decided that i still love the americans and thier country, and have the upmost respect for both and still want to visit however hard it would be, i will just remember not to interact with any british born american wannabees seeing though they are the ones who give america a bad name!

drascalmel,

That means what exactly ?

Archived