Visiting the usa with a criminal record.. help?

Anyone notice the passengers that get on Florida flights? All filling in their wavers and sauntering through customs, and that's just the women.

If you're nervous..apply. If not they prob wont bat an eyelid....unless you have a "I hate yanks" tattoo on yer forehead.

dont tell them....

britain dont share criminal details unless its very serious...

ive been to the usa 11 times on the visa waiver program and ive been sentenced to

2 yrs imprisonment in the past....

never had a problem getting in..

most who apply for proper visas in london get refused if u have convictions and declare them...

dont tell them....

ive been to the usa 11 times on the visa waiver program and ive been sentenced to

most who apply for proper visas in london get refused if u have convictions and declare them...

That maybe a good point as the embassy may ad your details to homeland security. When you walk through you may end up with a lot of guns pointing at you and told to freeze!:hihi:

well it isnt really a criminal record (well at least i dont think so) ive got 2 cautions on my criminal record both quite minor offences, i was arrested both times but they were never taken to court.

1, can i travel to the usa under the visa waiver program, or do i have to have an interview with the embassy for a visa,

2, do cautions show up on your criminal record,

3, when you get to usa cutoms, will they check your criminal record before letting you enter the country.

i phoned the embassy in london...a water proof tea bag would be more usefull!

but im wanting to book a holiday to LA, i really dont want to get there and it all going t!ts up because this is a special holiday, its to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we have been saving for this for years! any information would be ever so gratefully recieved. :)

what criminal record have you got. Its not Diamond lights by glen hoddle and chris waddle is it

dont tell them....

I'm not an expert on this because back when, you never needed a visa if you were British, and when I lived in Canada you didn't even need a passport. That all changed after 9/11. The country's laws define how serious an offence is. Some lesser ones are called misdemeanors, including DUI, minor larceny, and such. Major crimes are called felonies, crimes such as murder, arson, grand theft and such. I'm not sure that Britain releases all crime records to Interpol or the FBI. I would think, if your crimes are minor, you could get in on a waiver, but there is a chance you will get sent home. It's your gamble. Some ports of entry tend to be tougher than others. I prefer Boston to NYC for instance. Don't know about Orlando, they let citizens from Connecticut in.:)

my caution was for theft, but it wasnt even my fault! it was them stupid self scanner things in asda, didnt scan the item, best thing about it that really made me laugh is the item was £1 in value!!! if i was going to nick owt it would be for more then a quid!

the police man even said it was the stupidest thing he has ever come across, but they have a job to do, i was in and out in 10mins!

the other one was years ago when i was 14 my boyfriend at that time picked me up in his car, that turned out to be nicked!

If the OP applies for a visa and gets one - no problem.

If the OP applies for a visa and is denied, he will not be able to travel.

If the OP chooses to ignore the visa requirement and doesn't get caught - no problem.

But if the OP chooses to ignore the visa problem and does get caught then there could potentially be a very big problem. At best, he will be held in detention and deported.

At worst, he may be liable to be charged with a range of offences. - Including (but not limited to the offence of: " Improper Entry by Alien", contrary to Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code.

That offence is a felony and is punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment up to 6 months. (1st offence - 2 years for a repeat offence.)

If you're going to chance it, you might want to take a 'soap on a rope' with you.

my caution was for theft, but it wasnt even my fault! it was them stupid self scanner things in asda, didnt scan the item, best thing about it that really made me laugh is the item was £1 in value!!! if i was going to nick owt it would be for more then a quid!

the police man even said it was the stupidest thing he has ever come across, but they have a job to do, i was in and out in 10mins!

the other one was years ago when i was 14 my boyfriend at that time picked me up in his car, that turned out to be nicked!

I see he's a her! (You won't need the soap on a rope ;).)

Those are pretty minor offences and as you weren't charged, I doubt they'd be held against you. - Apply for a visa if indeed they are till on your record.

Haha I used one of them the other day in Asda and got some free Cadburys Carmel bite things. They didn't scan properly either, I put them in the bag and it kept saying something about the weight and the morons there just swiped their card n left them. I got outside and read the receipt and they wern't on there. The brainless idiots didn't care less. :loopy:

Archived