How Do I Get Around This?

Not suggesting that you've been misinformed at all, but if you're talking about something as serious as losing your sight it might be an idea to ask to be referred to a second opthalmologist for a second opinion - just to reassure yourself that all avenues have been exhausted as much as anything.

This has been ongoing since 2002 and quite a few docs have peered into my baby blues and the doc today on the phone was assessing all the records. Its jut a pity they didnt actually tell me all the details in the first place!

Couldn't they swop your bad eye for your good one? :D

(sorry couldn't resist that Jabbers ... hope all goes well !)

I was breeding big eyed goldfish in the hope of an eye transplant- Id look great with huge yellow goggly eyes!

Thanks all.

To be frank its not looking good at all, but I`m sure I can fiddle a way around this somehow. My eyes stopped me doing tons of stuff, they even got me sacked from a job I took in 2004 that I managed to keep for seven weeks before I was discovered(aparrantly I took it under false pretenses because I didnt mention my bad sight and was threatened with 5 years in the nick if I tried it again and someone got hurt because of it) but its not going to stop me again. I`ve given up more than enough things for this and its not going any further.

the doc told me that glasses were no longer of any use to me, my eyes are too bad for glasses because the lenses are too far from the surface of my eye to do any good.

How much closer do the lenses need to be? I mean, would a monacle (or two) be any better? Can you see into a microscope or those magnifying things that jewelers prop in their eye?

How much closer do the lenses need to be? I mean, would a monacle (or two) be any better? Can you see into a microscope or those magnifying things that jewelers prop in their eye?

I have toyed with the idea of a monacle or two but my OH has a nasty habit of lurking behind doorways and leaping out on me yelling `BOO!`

I have horrible images in my head of jumping in the air, swallowing both monacles and ending up with a double glazed bum hole.

Archived