How Dumb Are The Americans ?

The biggest reason I argue for my adopted country is that 2 of my 3 sons were born American, and all my 7 grandkids. To them a car has a trunk and a hood, an elevator takes them up or down in a building. Not one of them is obese, and certainly not stupid. My 2 year old Lauren Bridget has more joy in her than many of you on SF. She will never be afraid to be patriotic or fly the stars and stripes, she will be able to recite the pledge of allegiance before she enters Kindergarten, and if I have anything to do with it never want for anything.

This I find so very sad....babies programmed into reciting something they're not even able to understand. I think they do this in Libya, Somalia, and all other nations that need control, it's akin to religion. It has one objective and that's to die without question from overlords. You shouldn't have to justify your children because of a country, a flag or a thing. The fact they exist is sufficient. I have to say like you...I have the most beautiful 2 daughters imaginable and I have never quantified them by a thing. I would hope they grow to be free thinking and subject to their own thoughts and morals...not someone else's.

The world is a beautiful place and we ram crap down our children's throats before they can walk...not surprising they grow to resemble their teachers. Hateful, suspicious, envious and morally bankrupt.

i think your only on here to wind us brits up, i think its your americans that have the problem not us, you are doing the same to me on my thread, get a life :roll:

I don't think one American has had a pop at anyone on this thread....do you?

The thing about this thread is that the link in the op was actually to an American chat show, where it was obviously perfectly ok by the audience to poke fun at their fellow countrymen?

The second link provided was about our homegrown quiz contestants and the stupid (and very funny) answers, so even stevens really?

This I find so very sad....babies programmed into reciting something they're not even able to understand. ...

Happens in a lot of places. My son spent a couple of years in the US education system, came home one day and proudly recited the pledge of allegiance - almost.

'One nation in the visible'

I said: "It's one nation indivisible' and was told:

"You shouldn't say 'der' daddy. - Don't you know that? You should say 'the' "

Then again I remember a song with the words: "Send her Victorias".

- I didn't even know she liked plums.

He reminds me of Mr Millibean.

I liked his continual attitude of sarcasm. It helps me a lot on threads like this :hihi:

My wife hated him with a passion. Could never see the funny side. She's a Yank so I understand

Brits are good at giving but not taking Harleyman;) as you may have noticed on other threads.

Well you know what one Yank once said.

"If you cant take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen"

Too bad if some of them get upset. I sure dont and I'll never go whining to the Mods to remove a post i dont like either.

It's a free for all and no holds barred :D

Archived