How Dumb Are The Americans ?

So sorry I'm late, sweetie. I've been trying to decide which of the Queen Mum's old hats to wear whilst I'm posting tonight ... and these floating panels on my frock are a damn nuisance when sitting at the PC, they get all tangled up in the chair wheels. :mad:

You must be a sight for sore eyes :hihi:

Happens in a lot of places. My son spent a couple of years in the US education system, came home one day and proudly recited the pledge of allegiance - almost.

'One nation in the visible'

I said: "It's one nation indivisible' and was told:

"You shouldn't say 'der' daddy. - Don't you know that? You should say 'the' "

Then again I remember a song with the words: "Send her Victorias".

- I didn't even know she liked plums.

But can he sing Deutchland Uber Alles all the way through ? :D

This I find so very sad....babies programmed into reciting something they're not even able to understand. I think they do this in Libya, Somalia, and all other nations that need control, it's akin to religion. It has one objective and that's to die without question from overlords. You shouldn't have to justify your children because of a country, a flag or a thing. The fact they exist is sufficient. I have to say like you...I have the most beautiful 2 daughters imaginable and I have never quantified them by a thing. I would hope they grow to be free thinking and subject to their own thoughts and morals...not someone else's.

The world is a beautiful place and we ram crap down our children's throats before they can walk...not surprising they grow to resemble their teachers. Hateful, suspicious, envious and morally bankrupt.

Sad indeed to see her giggling and laughing as she goes in the pool with her grandpa, somehow knowing she's in a beautiful state in a bountiful and secure nation. Somewhat different from the depressed, soon to be at war, smoke laden place I was born into, seeing my father gasp his lungs out, unable to work after fifty five because his lungs couldn't take it. Sure, America was no better off then, but Hollywood made things look better, and I'll confess it got to me. Now I am where I always wanted to be, though Hollywood hasn't impressed me for years. There is nothing hateful, envious, or morally bankrupt about any of my grandchildren, Greg 22, Betty 19, Megan 9, Tori 8, Michaela 7, Austin 3, Lauren Bridget nearly 2.

He reminds me of Mr Millibean.

Hey Rupert no offense meant by my last response and hope it wasn' taken the wrong way.

Germany are certainly one of the uber teams though. They played well alll the way through.

Losing 1 - 0 to Spain is nothing to be ashamed of either

Sad indeed to see her giggling and laughing as she goes in the pool with her grandpa, somehow knowing she's in a beautiful state in a bountiful and secure nation. Somewhat different from the depressed, soon to be at war, smoke laden place I was born into, seeing my father gasp his lungs out, unable to work after fifty five because his lungs couldn't take it. Sure, America was no better off then, but Hollywood made things look better, and I'll confess it got to me. Now I am where I always wanted to be, though Hollywood hasn't impressed me for years. There is nothing hateful, envious, or morally bankrupt about any of my grandchildren, Greg 22, Betty 19, Megan 9, Tori 8, Michaela 7, Austin 3, Lauren Bridget nearly 2.

Hollywood????:confused:

You have all that REAL beauty and yet you still look to the past as if it's a constant burden buck...I really don't envy your pain. I don't mean that in a point scoring way, it's just seems so sad that the real little things in life tear you apart. Try to be bigger man.

Hollywood????:confused:

You have all that REAL beauty and yet you still look to the past as if it's a constant burden buck...I really don't envy your pain. I don't mean that in a point scoring way, it's just seems so sad that the real little things in life tear you apart. Try to be bigger man.

You have this all wrong, nothing tears me apart any more, that's the point. Being here is all I need. The biggest little point that tore me apart was losing my lovely Sheffield wife at 43 to a car crash in 1979, worse than seeing more than 25 of my shipmates lost in a petroleum fire aboard the carrier HMS Indomitable in the fifties. I've survived cancer of the larynx for 9 years anda cardiac arrest in 1990 at Christmas and married a superb Irishwoman in 1982 whose family adopted this offspring of the old enemy without once saying I wasn't welcome. I'm as big as I ever want to be, and certainly a lot bigger than than those who can only be spiteful for no good reason. I am not including you among that number.

How does that compare to the Brits? - After all, in 2004 they were complaining about how Labour had invaded Iraq under false pretences, how they couldn't trust Tony Blair, how he had ignored all the traditional Labour ideals ... so in 2005 they re-elected him.

How does that compare to the Brits? - After all, in 2004 they were complaining about how Labour had invaded Iraq under false pretences, how they couldn't trust Tony Blair, how he had ignored all the traditional Labour ideals ... so in 2005 they re-elected him.

Convenient short memory.;)

Archived