How Dumb Are The Americans ?

Hey Rupert no offense meant by my last response and hope it wasn' taken the wrong way.

None taken. - He doesn't speak any German. He wanted to learn it at school, but the school (in Norfolk) had 4 German teachers in 2 terms. (I suspect they were trying to do it 'on the cheap' and his class learnt practically nothing.)

He will be doing German as an optional subject over the next 2 years or so however, because at some stage he is going to want a job.

Germany are certainly one of the uber teams though. They played well alll the way through.

Losing 1 - 0 to Spain is nothing to be ashamed of either

:hihi:. I'M not at all interested in soccer and I didn't bother to watch any of the games. - Not even to see the hilarious spectacle of people sucking on 'lollipops'.:hihi::hihi:

I had a pretty good idea that Germany hadn't won against Spain, though. During previous games, there was a roar of applause whenever Germany scored a goal and after the game there were cars driving by with horns going.

The game against Spain was marked by silence.

I was once speaking to an American on xbox, I managed to convince him that we all wear flat caps and go hunting for sheep with our whippits!!
Of course you did. I believe you, thousands wouldn't.

we didn't "elect" gwb the first time and the second time around it was Ohio's fault.

Nice to see there are a number of yanks here.

Have all you other yanks been to Sheffield??

Buck, Poppins and Harleyman are from that area. I'm not but I have visited Sheffield.

we didn't "elect" gwb the first time and the second time around it was Ohio's fault.

Nice to see there are a number of yanks here.

Have all you other yanks been to Sheffield??

Born and bred

Archived