How Dumb Are The Americans ?

Haven't you got beaches to clean? :P

Typical Brit, dead funny when it happens to someone else, BPs not much of a joke over here...I take that back, they are a joke, trying to squirm out of their responsibilities, not to worry now, the Yanks have taken over to pick up the crap they made, they couldn't even handle that...typical Brits again, run when the going gets tough, goes Yatching instead :hihi:

BPs not much of a joke over here...I take that back

You can insult our Queen.

You can insult our food.

But don't you dare insult a multi-national oil company that has roots in both Britain and America. It won't be tolerated, i tells ya.

Typical Brit, dead funny when it happens to someone else, BPs not much of a joke over here...I take that back, they are a joke, trying to squirm out of their responsibilities, not to worry now, the Yanks have taken over to pick up the crap they made, they couldn't even handle that...typical Brits again, run when the going gets tough, goes Yatching instead :hihi:

I admit, I am surprised at you, Poppins. The sole blame for what happened in the gulf can hardly be laid at the feet of BP unless you buy into the President's blame game. Yes, BP played a part in the problem, but so did Halliburton, TransOcean, Cameron Corp and the US government itself. Yet Barack Obama persists in trying to demonize BP by calling it British Petroleum (at the expense of 40,000 US jobs and countless US shareholders) and the media and the American public are lapping it up. (much the same way he keeps calling the Falklands the Malvinas, a direct insult to the British).

Anyway, that was off topic. So....how dumb are we, really?

The P-51, ordered by the British and designed with them in mind went inyo production within months. I'm proud of the 18 years I spent with the Royal Navy, which will probably bring down the pacifists on my head. When the war started in 1939, Sheffield rolled up its sleeves and got stuck in, its men into uniform, its women into overalls. I wonder if, with some of the anti military and anti patriotic posts on SF, it would roll up its sleeves again today.

You have to remember that us Brits have never worn our patriotism on our sleeves and we have never trusted people who do wrap the flag around themselves and their cause. Orwell sums it up best when he says that all the majority of us Brits want is a good quiet life for us and our families. You have to remember how different our cultures are, not better or worse, but different.

I admit, I am surprised at you, Poppins. The sole blame for what happened in the gulf can hardly be laid at the feet of BP unless you buy into the President's blame game. Yes, BP played a part in the problem, but so did Halliburton, TransOcean, Cameron Corp and the US government itself. Yet Barack Obama persists in trying to demonize BP by calling it British Petroleum (at the expense of 40,000 US jobs and countless US shareholders) and the media and the American public are lapping it up. (much the same way he keeps calling the Falklands the Malvinas, a direct insult to the British).

Anyway, that was off topic. So....how dumb are we, really?

BP played a part ? :hihi: where have you been ? Cotten Top you're an American you don't know Brits too well :hihi:

After the American subcontractor of an American subsidiary of an international company you mean :roll:

What is "hellping" by the way :hihi:

Someone not to have as "phone a friend":D.

Just remind me, how many English people were there when the rig went "pop"?

How many of the contractors were English?

Oops.

Looks more like it was your "screw up".

BP is only "British" in name.

as already pointed out in this thread it was not the fault of brits, now ok bp may be british by name but that does not mean they are by nature.

the rig was owned by the usa

the rig was in the usa

the rig was only rented by a national company...............

so why is it that you think brits are squirming out of there responsibilities?

the yanks are picking up after there own crap then yeah?

us brits are in britian so when the going got tough we erm, stayed in britian is that where we ran to?

don't know a single person that goes yatching!

seems to me that some americans are dead set on blaming who ever they can except those on there own door step.

and bp are a company not a country so regaurdless of what goes on with bp its not at all any fault of the brits.

as already pointed out in this thread it was not the fault of brits, now ok bp may be british by name but that does not mean they are by nature.

the rig was owned by the usa

the rig was in the usa

the rig was only rented by a national company...............

so why is it that you think brits are squirming out of there responsibilities?

the yanks are picking up after there own crap then yeah?

us brits are in britian so when the going got tough we erm, stayed in britian is that where we ran to?

don't know a single person that goes yatching!

seems to me that some americans are dead set on blaming who ever they can except those on there own door step.

and bp are a company not a country so regaurdless of what goes on with bp its not at all any fault of the brits.

Sorry, who's door step did you say Tony Haward was on :confused:

Sorry, who's door step did you say Tony Haward was on :confused:

jesus the title of this thred has finally matched a post!

i said the problem was on your own doorstep the blame was on your doorstep.

the rig was owned by and worked on by americans not us brits regaurdless of who was renting it,

tony haward may be the Chief Executive of bp but that is a multinational company and a not a country, you tell me why the likes of british joe public are in any way shape or form at fault because from what i can see there not!

Archived