How Dumb Are The Americans ?

American football has to be the stupidest game ever. It is a game designed to accommodate advertising breaks. The goals all come from set pieces so there are only a handful of variations in what they look like.

Teams have 70 players only 11 of whom play at any time (wouldn't want to tire them out). Some only come on to kick the ball, whilst they have a few fit runners the rest are fat behemoths.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AaHxrdcmadU/RxraSoCoxMI/AAAAAAAAAcc/bAeSHNLlL7I/s320/FatFootball.jpg

They manage about 10 seconds of play before they have to have a break and give each other sponge baths and pedicures.

What other country would idolise a 200lb man in tight lycra and another 100lbs of padding as heroes?

Americans are so unoriginal they couldn't even think of an original name for the "sport"!

I'm not much of a football fan so that matters little to me.

Sadly England invented the game of football (Soccer) but cant play a decent game iinterationally any more.

I went to see them play years ago against Brazil at the Los Angeles Coliseum and they got whipped 1-0. I was wearing a Union Jack T-shirt and provided a lot of amusement at the end of the game for all the Brazil supporters

That was the last time I messed around with that stuff

PLEASE don't forget that before we "joined" the war, we had been supplying the brits and the ruskies for years with food fuel and arms, via the north atlantic, losing thousands of lives.

We only joined the war because the attack on pearl harbor was an declaration of war upon the usa by japan And the Germans declared war on the USA shortly thereafter. So really we had no choice at that time and we were still greatly unprepared, but once we got going --- watch out! Remember we were still in the grip of the worst ever economic depression. Millions were still out of work, factories were idle.

I remember as a small kid that Spam and powdered eggs shipped from the States was part of our daily diet.

Hitler sealed his fate when he declared war on the US. He was already at war with Russia and his army were taking a licking in front of Moscow.

He commited the prime act of of stupidity. Got himself into a war that was to be fought on two fronts the Austrian Dumbkopf

I enjoy a Spam sandwich on occasion. It still comes in the same tins as it did all those years ago

Had some for breakfast this morning. It comes in individual slices vacuum sealed now.

Had some for breakfast this morning. It comes in individual slices vacuum sealed now.

My wife who was a dietician always tells me how bad it is, full of fat, full of salt etc etc.

I still like it anyway.

Why is it that everything thats good and tasty to eat is never "good for us"?

Archived