How Dumb Are The Americans ?

My wife who was a dietician always tells me how bad it is, full of fat, full of salt etc etc.

I still like it anyway.

Why is it that everything thats good and tasty to eat is never "good for us"?

Oh my lord. My father still loves Spam! He occasionally eats fried Spam sandwiches with full fat mayo, much to the dismay of his doctor.

I knew someone's grandma who decked Spam out like a miniature ham with brown sugar, cloves, pineapple, and cherries. Mmmmmmmm. :)

...or Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Who's American or not is just a matter of timing.

"We may have arrived in different ships, But we're all in the same boat now"

I love this quote. Don't believe I've heard it before. True though.:)

Your knowledge of the subject is so great is it?

That is exactly the arrogant attitute which we despise in you, that generates these threads.

Case answered.

I for one actually lived through WW2 and had my home bombed over me while I was in it. I later served in Korea. There were 2 attitudes toward Americans at the time, gratitude at their presence in your war, and resentment from Englishmen that your girls seemed to like them too much. Mnay of them were called sluts by your mardy bums. A lot of those"sluts " became incredible wives and mothers of American children . I know and enjoy their company to this day. Allow old age to have a little knowledge from experiences you never had.

I love this quote. Don't believe I've heard it before. True though.:)

Yes, Even the Pilgrim Fathers left Plymouth in the Mayflower and landed at Plymouth Rock.... How much of a coincidence was that !!!

Oh my lord. My father still loves Spam! He occasionally eats fried Spam sandwiches with full fat mayo, much to the dismay of his doctor.

I knew someone's grandma who Spam decked out like a miniature ham with brown sugar, cloves, pineapple, and cherries. Mmmmmmmm. :)

How about breakfast at Dennys while on the road. Corn beef hash, eggs sunny side up, sausages, double rashers of crispy bacon, french toast dripping in butter, stack of pancakes soaked in maple syrup.

What my wife dryly refers to as a "heart attack special"

Archived