How Dumb Are The Americans ?

They caught YOU Americans off guard.

Our intellegience srvices had been decoding their messages for months, which America refused to believe.

So why did the Admiralty send Prince of Wales and Repulse into action without air cover. Many relatives of sailors lost probably asked questions. America needs no lessons in unpreparedness from the likes of Neville Chamberlain.

American football has to be the stupidest game ever. It is a game designed to accommodate advertising breaks. The goals all come from set pieces so there are only a handful of variations in what they look like.

Teams have 70 players only 11 of whom play at any time (wouldn't want to tire them out). Some only come on to kick the ball, whilst they have a few fit runners the rest are fat behemoths.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AaHxrdcmadU/RxraSoCoxMI/AAAAAAAAAcc/bAeSHNLlL7I/s320/FatFootball.jpg

They manage about 10 seconds of play before they have to have a break and give each other sponge baths and pedicures.

What other country would idolise a 200lb man in tight lycra and another 100lbs of padding as heroes?

Americans are so unoriginal they couldn't even think of an original name for the "sport"!

And this is the guy that tells me he never gets upset .:loopy::loopy:

what happened? not a wednesday world subscriber then?

where in the states are you exiles located ??

I live in Hartford County, Connecticut, halfway between the delights of Fenway Park, Boston and the agony of the new Yankee Stadium in the Bronx.

Oh my lord. My father still loves Spam! He occasionally eats fried Spam sandwiches with full fat mayo, much to the dismay of his doctor.

I knew someone's grandma who Spam decked out like a miniature ham with brown sugar, cloves, pineapple, and cherries. Mmmmmmmm. :)

Sierra my dear, old men and Spam were meant for each other. While others can die choking on a celery stick,I will end my days burping on a slice or two of God's food, peut etre with a fried egg and toast.:)

What makes you think I am upset? :huh:
So why write all this about a game you don't like even though some of what you say is true. What does it matter to you if Americans enjoy it in their own country? A lot of Brits seem to enjoy it too, as it happens. Nothing is going to change because of your opinion. So why waste your time and mine. I happen to like soccer so won't disparage it. AS for cricket, I'll keep my opinions to myself, except for the cure for insomnia its always given me.

So why write all this about a game you don't like even though some of what you say is true. What does it matter to you if Americans enjoy it in their own country? A lot of Brits seem to enjoy it too, as it happens. Nothing is going to change because of your opinion. So why waste your time and mine. I happen to like soccer so won't disparage it. AS for cricket, I'll keep my opinions to myself, except for the cure for insomnia its always given me.

i may just be being a little dim at the mo (its 4.40am and been up all night with a poorly child so if i am i appologise) but i thought american football as wildcat refered to and soccer that uve just commented on was 2 different sports, soccer being what brits call football and american football being more like what brits call rugby.:confused:

Archived