How Dumb Are The Americans ?

Sierra, I think most of us kids grew up with fried food. Nobody in my young days talked about cholesterol levels or the amount of sodium, carbohydrates, trans fats etc in food.

After the war we had eggs and bacon every other day for breakfast, cereal leaded with sugar, fish and chips loaded with grease and all fish we bought at the store was fried in the pan. On top of that we are bread with lard or Marmite spread on it as snacks and pork pies were always. on the shopping list And didn't it all taste so good !!!

My wife worked for several years as a dietician in a large hospital counselling amongst others those who had diabetes. She's always been diet conscious and kept me in line most of the time about my diet bless her but I do tend to eat a few too many steaks or snack on Mexican fast food. when the urge occurs

What's surprising though is that my cholesterol level is still near the minimum of what the doc says is around 125 and my blood pressure inclined to be a little on the low side also I do work out at the gym or walk every day though

Who can understand the human body My brother in law is worse than me. He's a pack a day man, drinks a six pack almost every day, a junk food junkie, gets no more exrecise than reaching for the TV remote and has the physique of a high school football star. His health as far as I know is still pretty good and he's around 63 years old.

We all call him "Mister Indestructible" :hihi:

I think most of us kids grew up with fried food. Nobody in my young days talked about cholesterol levels or the amount of sodium, carbohydrates, trans fats etc in food.

After the war we had eggs and bacon every other day for breakfast, cereal leaded with sugar, fish and chips loaded with grease and all fish we bought at the store was fried in the pan. On top of that we are bread with lard or Marmite spread on it as snacks and pork pies were always. on the shopping list And didn't it all taste so good !!!

My wife worked for several tears as a dietician in a large hospital counselling amongst others those who had diabetes. She's always been diet conscious and kept me in line most of the time about my diet bless her but I do tend to eat a few too many steaks or snack on Mexican fast food. when the urge occurs

What's surprising though is that my cholesterol level is still near the minimum of what the doc says is around 125 and my blood pressure inclined to be a little on the low side also I do work out at the gym or walk every day though

Who can understand the human body My brother in law is worse than me. He's a pack a day man, drinks a six pack almost every day, a junk food junkie, gets no more exrecise than reaching for the TV remote and has the physique of a high school football star. His health as far as I know is still pretty good and he's around 63 years old.

We all call him "Mister Indestructible" :hihi:

Believe it or not I had a couple of slices of bread and dripping last night.

Believe it or not I had a couple of slices of bread and dripping last night.

Why not. I always spread Marmite over my breakfast toast when I'm visiting the Mother Country. Old habits die hard.

They sell Marmite in the British store near my home but the price for a small bottle is ridiculous so i do without

My favourite meal is still a fry up, like to have bacon, mushrooms fried in butter, fried eggs, fried bread, fried tomatoes, fried chips, and then ruin it with some good old baked beans.:hihi:

I can taste it now !

My favourite meal is still a fry up, like to have bacon, mushrooms fried in butter, fried eggs, fried bread, fried tomatoes, fried chips, and then ruin it with some good old baked beans.:hihi:

There's a pub near my nephew's house in England that does a fry up. God it tastes delicious !!

One of the great things about staying at a hotel or a B & B in Britain is that they all serve English breakfasts and it's part of the room price

Why not. I always spread Marmite over my breakfast toast when I'm visiting the Mother Country. Old habits die hard.

They sell Marmite in the British store near my home but the price for a small bottle is ridiculous so i do without

i didn't think marmite was actually that bad, its packed with 5 different b- vitamins that regulate the kidneys, liver and nervous system, help with skin disorders and boost energy

its also very high in folic acid so great for pregnant women or those intending to be.

and only 9kcals per serving :D

i didn't think marmite was actually that bad, its packed with 5 different b- vitamins that regulate the kidneys, liver and nervous system, help with skin disorders and boost energy

its also very high in folic acid so great for pregnant women or those intending to be.

and only 9kcals per serving :D

I'll tell all that to the missus. Maybe she'll buy a carton of it for Christmas.

I've always brought back a few bottles of Bovril when returning from the UK.

I like it better as a drink than Marmite

Bovril is great to drink on a cold day here but cold days in my part of the world could be counted on your fingers so I've had a few bottles in storage for the past 4 years

Archived