How Dumb Are The Americans ?

I gave up the Harley 18 months ago after being swiped by a high school chick in a convertible Volkswagen Rabbit. The bike was wrecked, I was uninjured and her daddy paid for the bike.

I'm a still a long way from the golf cart with a flag on the back though and I dont wear plaid trousers or yell at the neighbors kids to keep off my lawn :hihi:

Congratulations buck me old mate and especially on being computer literate.

A lot of people our generation have a phobia about computers and cant even master the ability to program a DVD recorder or operate a cell phone. I dont think it's stupidity, more a matter of being intimidated.

I married a woman ten years younger than me so that helps keep me fit :hihi:

Sorry to go one better again. Pauline is 14 years younger than I. She's an Irish born catholic, and I'm C of E, or at least thats what the RN decided I was, and who was I to argue with Admiralty. We don't fight much! I lost my first wife, Pat ,in a car crash on the Mass Pike in 1979. Two of my three sons, Dave and MIke, are actually my stepsons, but don't ever call them that in front of their mother if you don't want the worry of an Irishwoman's anger on your head. They were very young when their father died, and took me as Dad ever since. Between the 3 of them they have made my life in America very worth while. Mike always buys a season ticket to the UConn football games, and he makes sure I get to see at least a couple of them with him. I buy the seasons to the Uconn basketball games.:)

I seem to have stumbled on an episode of 'last of the summer wine'..

Next thing you guys will be tearing down a hill in a bath tub..

Tha waint allus be young tha knows.:) Them two other old farts live tother side o't country.

Archived