How Dumb Are The Americans ?

Congratulations buck me old mate and especially on being computer literate.

A lot of people our generation have a phobia about computers and cant even master the ability to program a DVD recorder or operate a cell phone. I dont think it's stupidty, more a matter of being intimidated.

I married a woman ten years younger than me so that helps keep me fit :hihi:

I have three DVD recorders around the house, and they each have different protocols. One of them is a Magnavox combination DVD/VCR recorder which is a bitch. If you don't follow the correct procedure to the letter, it will lock up so hard that you can't turn it off or remove the tape or DVD. Its a little kinder to the DVD mode. However I often prefer the VCR. You can erase them easier, and they don't go back to the start on you if you screw up when you're playing them and pause. It never happens to me, of course, but I have an Irish wife. ( Awaiting the attack now )The product doesn't look quite as good on tape, but I don't have HD anyway so who cares.:)

'

You seem to know more about the subject than I do. I'd just like to know what your own reasosn are for bringing this matter up.

The matter of 50 odd military occupation personnel dying mysteriously seems like small beans by comparison

When you find the graves of 6 members of a Highland regiment all killed on the same day (albeit that was that only 6 weeks after end of WW2), and then Military Intelligence officers (including female) and an Air Commodore two and half years after hostilities ended, it raises a question in my mind as to how such things happened.

When searches (both net and library) fail to reveal anything at all on any of them (in this day and age) it raises further questions.

Of course they could all have been genuine accidents, but certain aspects would appear unusual. (As a matter of further interest, the geographic location is barely a dozen miles from the former Yugoslavian border, and clearly there was a lot of unrest across that, around that period of time).

If and when I have time and still have any inclination, I may go to the public record ofice at Kew and see what I can find, but that is likely to be quite a while yet.

I gave up the Harley 18 months ago after being swiped by a high school chick in a convertible Volkswagen Rabbit. The bike was wrecked, I was uninjured and her daddy paid for the bike.

I'm a still a long way from the golf cart with a flag on the back though and I dont wear plaid trousers or yell at the neighbors kids to keep off my lawn :hihi:

Sorry to tell you this Harley but the Fat Boy is running just fine (when it's not raining) :-)

Sorry to tell you this Harley but the Fat Boy is running just fine (when it's not raining) :-)
My favorite watering hole, the Shamrock is a biker bar, There are to be found any Sunday afternoon, every color and kind of Harley, most of the riders potbellied, with either bald heads or pigtails and a bandana, wearing black leather embossed with HD logos.Depite their fierce reputation they are mostly fun loving people who will help you out in an instant if you need help, just don't come in on a Kawasaki. But at any remote threat of rain they dash home and get the car. THe idea of their Hog getting wet terrifies them. Funny, I rode Nortons, BSAs, Ariels, and even a Royal Enfield ( not to say too much about that one.) All of them went out in the rain. You had no choice in UK. The only vehicle I owned that hated the rain was my 1963 850cc Morris Mini, with its distributor at the front just behind the radiator. An American invention called WD-40 saved the day many a time.:)

When you find the graves of 6 members of a Highland regiment all killed on the same day (albeit that was that only 6 weeks after end of WW2), and then Military Intelligence officers (including female) and an Air Commodore two and half years after hostilities ended, it raises a question in my mind as to how such things happened.

When searches (both net and library) fail to reveal anything at all on any of them (in this day and age) it raises further questions.

Of course they could all have been genuine accidents, but certain aspects would appear unusual. (As a matter of further interest, the geographic location is barely a dozen miles from the former Yugoslavian border, and clearly there was a lot of unrest across that, around that period of time).

If and when I have time and still have any inclination, I may go to the public record ofice at Kew and see what I can find, but that is likely to be quite a while yet.

They were very strange times following the war. Our ally, Russia, all of a sudden was now our enemy. There were undercover operations going on aplenty, and there were bound to be innocents killed or injured, regrettably. I hope no one is suggesting that this was only carried out by the US, In the field of covert procedures Britain and the USSR were streets ahead in expertise. The CIA had only recently developed from the war time OSS, and was just learning the game.

Without any further speculation on my part I'd say plane crashes.

The area you mention is probably very mountainous and given bad weather or poor visibility it takes a real old Sh*te Hawk to safely handle a plane under those conditions and in that kind of terrain

My favorite watering hole, the Shamrock is a biker bar, There are to be found any Sunday afternoon, every color and kind of Harley, most of the riders potbellied, with either bald heads or pigtails and a bandana, wearing black leather embossed with HD logos.Depite their fierce reputation they are mostly fun loving people who will help you out in an instant if you need help, just don't come in on a Kawasaki. But at any remote threat of rain they dash home and get the car. THe idea of their Hog getting wet terrifies them. Funny, I rode Nortons, BSAs, Ariels, and even a Royal Enfield ( not to say too much about that one.) All of them went out in the rain. You had no choice in UK. The only vehicle I owned that hated the rain was my 1963 850cc Morris Mini, with its distributor at the front just behind the radiator. An American invention called WD-40 saved the day many a time.:)

Sorry guys no pot belly,, bandana or bald head (thinning a liitle though).

All kinds of people ride Harleys. I've been to the annual biker gathering in Loughlin Nevada a few times. There are doctors, lawyers, businessmen as well as your regular narly old dudes. There's generally around 200 or 300 hundred show up and all the riverside hotels are booked solid.

I never could get my wife on the back of mine. Hated them but learned to live with Fat Boy as I learned to live with her mountain bikes and tennis rackets.

It's all give and take in marriage and as long as you're happy together that's all that counts

Archived