How Dumb Are The Americans ?

Enough about the War already Geocol !
Careful USUK,old Alien doesn't like us using Americanisms.you know, cos we're not real Americans like Sierra. It's really a New Yorkism to tell the truth. California bans it.:hihi:

Yup! Us old timers can spin a yarn or two that'll make you young uns sit up and listen a mite

(Settles back in rocking chair, lights corn cob pipe and reaches for jug o'whisky)

OK here goes> Got married in '68. had a kid 10 months later, paid 2pound 10s per month rent for a 2 up- 2 down in Abbeydale. We lived there for the first seven years of our marriage with NO hot water, no bathroom, and the toilet was accross the yard. (had a candle in there in the Winters to keep it from freezing). We had a tin bathtub hung on a nail outside the back door. we would bring it into the Kitchen on Friday nights, fill it with numerous saucepans of hot water from the stove, then take it in turns to take a bath. Wife first, then me and the kid together. When we'd done we had to empty it with saucepans also. The Gas board eventually came round and fitted Gas Geezers but it was only in the last year we were there. The house backed onto the River directly across from Laycocks, who worked three shifts making all kinds of noise all night long. When the river flooded it came up through the cellar and one particular year, about 70 or 71, it came up and covered the kitchen floor. Then there were the Rats living on the river bank and made regular trips accross the river between laycocks and the houses. They didn't come into the house but they did scavenge the dustbins.

Oh I almost forgot, Completely rebuilt a Norton Electra in the Kitchen.

They eventually knocked the houses down and we moved to Totley, then Dronfield, then San Diego. (A giant step for mankind)

Enough about the War already Geocol !

Why, is it making you feel uncomfortable?

I hadn't got anything else to say ON THE SUBJECT, other than to add a few names.

But, I'll choose what I post on this forum and when, especially when it's to complete previous dialogue.

Why, is it making you feel uncomfortable?

I hadn't got anything else to say, other than to add a few names.

But, I'll choose what I post on this forum and when, especially when it's to complete previous dialogue.

Wow, a little touchy this morning are we ?

....this morning ....

We have been taken over !

It's six minutes past four in the afternoon in Sheffield, and soon I'll have something better to do than remain on here.

Have a good breakfast.

What make is that? I want one!:)What engine size?

BMW K1200LT. 1200cc water-cooled Inline 4. It's a very comfortable bike. It'll do 50mpg (US Gallon) too.

Unlike the Goldwing it doesn't have air conditioning or an airbag. - But I'm too young to ride a Goldwing ... when I'm 70, perhaps. ;)

And to add my two-penneth, Sheffield in the 60's was wonderfull. Place was cleaned up, Nightlife was hopping, shopping was great, World Cup matches at Hillsborough, and most people were working.

Still am working.

I'll talk to you about the other things some time.

BUT !! regarding being "uncomfortable with it" what was uncomfortable was the air raid shelters, but you woul probably not know that.

Only being examined by the nit nurse , in the one that subsequently served as the school clinic.

We have been taken over !

It's six minutes past four in the afternoon in Sheffield, and soon I'll have something better to do than remain on here.

Have a good breakfast.

Thanks I think I'll have some Spam :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived