How Dumb Are The Americans ?

Not sure if all americans are dumb, however it has to be said that they have absolutly no sense of humor at all!! was watching a comedy programme other day where the guest was an american movie star...could not believe the lack of sense of humor, they didn't respond or get any of the jokes!! either we have a crazy warped sense of humor that only a english person would understand or as i thought they don't have any!!!!

...americans ... have absolutly no sense of humor at all!!

A bit like saying 'Europeans have no sense of humour at all' and lumping the lot together. The Germans are renowned for not having a sense of humour (actually they do - but it's not like the sense of humour of the Brits.)

Just as the sense of humour varies from place to place in Europe, so it varies in the US.

Not sure if all americans are dumb, however it has to be said that they have absolutly no sense of humor at all!! was watching a comedy programme other day where the guest was an american movie star...could not believe the lack of sense of humor, they didn't respond or get any of the jokes!! either we have a crazy warped sense of humor that only a english person would understand or as i thought they don't have any!!!!

To be fair you can't just point that at Americans...the British sense of humour is very unique. You think because they look like us they should understand us? Try telling a specifically English type joke based on an ex miner from Rotherham to a Turk. You have to have a feel, or at least a little knowledge of the background of the joke.

Humour is not like music..it has boundaries.

Mind u, i asked a guy at work what the capital of australia was and he said new zealand.

Someone not to have as "phone a friend":D.

help out after your screw up.

Just remind me, how many English people were there when the rig went "pop"?

How many of the contractors were English?

Oops.

Looks more like it was your "screw up".

BP is only "British" in name.

Suggest ypu travel a little. Go to the outside world. Humour varies from culture to culture. The American humour is nothing like the British humour.

I enjoy both of them

All the trolling aside, did you emigrate from the UK to the US? If so what made you go?

Are you old enough to remember what life was like in the UK in the mid 60s for a young working class man with a Secondary Modern school education ?

Ignoramous! :hihi:

And don't post stuff about Americans being dumb, you'll work up poppins and buck and we've only just smoothed their ruffled feathers from last time! :D

ETA: In common with the older generation all over the world, we were so much better educated, thank god for Grandpa ... at least he knows a bit about the history of his country! I knew more than they did, and I'm not even American! :D

Only when it's done on the sports section!

They are probably still celebrating their independance day, blissfuly aware of these taunts.

Archived