How Dumb Are The Americans ?

Sooooo.

There's a Jew, a Muslim, and a fella from Sheffield on a hiking holiday together.

Night time they can't find a room with tmore than two beds but the hotel tell tell 'em old farmer george accross the way has a crib in his barn they can use.

The Jew, being the fine upstanding fella they are, volunteered to sleep in the barn.

10 mins after they all turned in, there was a knock on the hotel door and the Jew was standing there. "there's a pig in the Barn" he said, "I cant sleep in there"

So the Muslim say's Ok, I'll go sleep in the barn.

10 mins later there's a knock on the door again. The Muslim is stood there and say's "there's a Cow in the barn, I can't sleep in there".

Sooo! the Sheffielder say's, as they do, "Ok you whimps, I'll sleep in the Barn" and off he goes.

10 mins later there's a knock on the door again. They open it ...............

and there's a cow and a pig stood there. !

I know this one from way back in Canada, instead of fella from Sheffield read French Canadian

Received your PM and thanks. My local library can get any book in or out of print usually within a week so I'll see about getting the book you mentioned.

It's 9:50 AM Pacific Coast Time and 30 C in my back gardern already. By I:00PM it's forecast to be around 43 C

The days are gone when I can take these temperatures so will spend the rest of the day until evening in the house enjoying the central air conditioning

Even here in New England its around 100 F. I went to do a job in Northern Vermont when it was 70 one time. The guy i was replacing was from Florida and was on the phone home laughing at Vermonters in shorts, I asked him if he was going to be there in January. He said yes. I said to him if its 30 degrees they'll still be in shorts, how about you? That shut him up.:)

Checking the Obits to make sure you're not in there eh Buck.

I was going to do the cryptogram yesterday but couldn't remember where I put it !

I hope I can check my own after the grim reaper calls. If not I want the money back I gave the church.:)

Buck, Harley, I have a question for you.

In all my years in the US I have met plenty of Ex Pats. Mostly from Manchester & Liverpool with a few Cockney's thrown in. Number of Yorkshiremen = 1 Number of Sheffielders = 0

How about you guy's ??

Even here in New England its around 100 F. I went to do a job in Northern Vermont when it was 70 one time. The guy i was replacing was from Florida and was on the phone home laughing at Vermonters in shorts, I asked him if he was going to be there in January. He said yes. I said to him if its 30 degrees they'll still be in shorts, how about you? That shut him up.:)

It hit 110 here at noon yesterday and was humid all afternoon with great big thunderheads hanging over the tops of the mountains. 90 percent of the time the thunderstorms only happen high in the mountains and it stays dry as a bone in the foothill areas.

We went for a walk in the evening and two miles from home it suddenly started to bucket down, almost monsoonal with lightning, thunder, the works. We did the nearest thing two people of our age could do to an Olympic sprint for a bandshell in a park way along the road.

By the time we reached it we were both like drowned rats.

My wife said

"AW hell! Lets just leg it home anyway" took off her shoes, I did the same and we just took it easy like a couple of happy go lucky teenagers my wife humming

"Just walkin' in the rain"

I have to agree with this, do you have chavs in America

Shouldn't you be at work?

Oh i see it must 8:00 PM where you are. Beat it back to the telly and catch up on the latest episode of "East Enders" like a good chappie :D

Archived