How Dumb Are The Americans ?

Ruby your mailbox is full. But yes I do still see them quite often. Their Son's name is Jarrod. He is married with two young Sons
Jarrod! Yes, that's right. I remember him as a little boy. This is really quite amazing, out of all the hundreds of thousands of people in these two cities, that two random posters on an internet forum should know of the same people, or three if we count natjack?

I hope they have a better opinion of the British, the UK and Sheffield than the rest of you. Or have they gone native as well? ;)

So you were married in 1970, lived in a flat somewhere in Sheffield for 4 years, then moved to Dronfield, and hung with the same people we did. We just have to know each other.
Not exactly ... but close enough. Sheffield, London, Sheffield, London, Sheffield, Dronfield, Sheffield ... still here! But London's always calling, even though it's not the old familar place it once was.

We might do .. it's not beyond the bounds of probability. Lots of people know me. In fact, lots more people know me than I do them, for various reasons :)

Hmmmm :huh: OK I give in !! Was the picture on your couch or mine :D
It was on mine, at Brocco Bank.

I'll throw a few names at you ... Brian, Tom, Anne, Sheila, Tessa, Ken, Pat, Byron, Nursery Tavern, Turn-ups ... ring any bells? I'm really raking round my archived memories tonight!

Jarrod! Yes, that's right. I remember him as a little boy. This is really quite amazing, out of all the hundreds of thousands of people in these two cities, that two random posters on an internet forum should know of the same people, or three if we count natjack?

I hope they have a better opinion of the British, the UK and Sheffield than the rest of you. Or have they gone native as well? ;)

That's really funny :hihi:

I can see it now. Two David Niven like Englishmen wearing pith helmets and stiff upper lips standing on the verandah of Colonial House and staring disapprovingly down at me.

"Pity about old Harley dont y'know. Poor chap's gone completely native"

Got to get that little dig in there, eh Ruby. Seeya.

Archived