How Dumb Are The Americans ?

Always, buck ;) I'm merely following your example, I'm a good pupil, no?
You are that, luv. In the fine tradition of Piers Morgan, Ann Robinson, Simon Cowell, and Gordon Ramsey, not to mention Stars ans Stripes loving Jeremy Clarkson, you're in good company, and all we had to offer in return was George Carlin and he's dead:)

You are that, luv. In the fine tradition of Piers Morgan, Ann Robinson, Simon Cowell, and Gordon Ramsey, not to mention Stars ans Stripes loving Jeremy Clarkson, you're in good company, and all we had to offer in return was George Carlin and he's dead:)
I don't understand any of that post, but I suppose that's because I'm not you ... :)

I like lots of things about America and never said I don't. I just don't understand you, but I've reached the conclusion that it's merely protective colouration (or should that be coloration) you want to blend in with your fellow citizens? And, like them, you can do this by having a go at the Brits at every opportunity. I shall forgive you for that, as you know not what you do.

I don't understand any of that post, but I suppose that's because I'm not you ... :)

I like lots of things about America and never said I don't. I just don't understand you, but I've reached the conclusion that it's merely protective colouration (or should that be coloration) you want to blend in with your fellow citizens? And, like them, you can do this by having a go at the Brits at every opportunity. I shall forgive you for that, as you know not what you do.

Let me try to explain it to you then. The people I mentioned are for some reason popular in America. They are some of the most unpleasant individuals ever to appear on our TV. From this an opinion is formed by stupid Americans, and I must admit there are a few, that all Brits are like this. You might more probably be more like Clarkson, a few snide remarks now and then but not a real Yankee hater. He knows which side his bread is buttered. I don't really know of any American entertainer who regularly has a go at Britain. George Carlin had a go at everyone. Its like SF where people snide at America all the time and cry foul if we fire back. We start all the wars, but we don't join in, we're all fat and stupid, we play soccer. Need I say more:rant:

An American man; 'I don't see why everybody thinks America is the stupidest country in the world, i personally think Europe is the stupidest country in the world!' Stupid Americans!
Funnyyy! :hihi:

Yup, the entire thread is based on a link to a set-up of Americans by American Jay Leno asking people what Independence Day is all about.

The other link is about British people answering quiz questions badly.

We can all be dumb/stupid in either country. Just that the Americans on here seem to care, and we don't. :D

An American man; 'I don't see why everybody thinks America is the stupidest country in the world, i personally think Europe is the stupidest country in the world!' Stupid Americans!
See what I mean, Ruby. This from a savant of that shining light of learning and culture, whose very architecture shames that of Ancient Rome, Sheffield. How can I have ever left that place to spend it in such places as Montreal, San Francisco, or Casablanca. i must have become a stupid American to even come on this forum and debate with people like FletchN and others. Oh, Just in case anybody wants to correct me Casablanca is not in America its in Sweden.

An American man; 'I don't see why everybody thinks America is the stupidest country in the world, i personally think Europe is the stupidest country in the world!'

See what I mean, Ruby. This from a savant of that shining light of learning and culture, whose very architecture shames that of Ancient Rome, Sheffield. How can I have ever left that place to spend it in such places as Montreal, San Francisco, or Casablanca. i must have become a stupid American to even come on this forum and debate with people like FletchN and others. Oh, Just in case anybody wants to correct me Casablanca is not in America its in Sweden.
You may have now become an American but you surely haven't forgotten that just because we now all belong to the EU, Europe isn't actually a country, have you? ;)

Funnyyy! :hihi:

Yup, the entire thread is based on a link to a set-up of Americans by American Jay Leno asking people what Independence Day is all about.

The other link is about British people answering quiz questions badly.

We can all be dumb/stupid in either country. Just that the Americans on here seem to care, and we don't. :D

Yes you do care, :)

You may have now become an American but you surely haven't forgotten that just because we now all belong to the EU, Europe isn't actually a country, have you? ;)
I never realized that, Ruby. I always thought that France was in Paris. That's why I learned to speak Parisian. And I'm disappointed that nobody picked up on me saying Casablanca was in Sweden. There must be some geography masters on here who know for sure its in Poland.:)I have at some time or other been in a great many countries, sailors do that, you know. How many have you been in? and I don't just mean vacation.

Archived