Post traumatic stress syndrome (PTS)..

Hi was wondering if anyone suffers from it??

I have been diagnosed with it and am going to under go treatement with a psychotherapist. Feel so stupid only being 26 and having it makes me feel a complete idiot.:loopy:

Is there any support groups for it???

I was diagnosed with this about 2 months after my Gran died... it triggered the stress of things throughout my life. I took some time off and gradually re-introduced myself to new situtions... some moths I am fine and others I am low - I find talking therapies work the best for me and I see my counsellor every fotnight! Good luck with it... all anxeity dissorders become easier to cope with as time goes on x

I know it as PTSD (Disorder). There has to be a 'trauma' where the person felt they were going to die. That is my understanding of it and I have supported several people coping with such symptoms.

It seems to get confused with other stress related issues.

I know it as PTSD (Disorder). There has to be a 'trauma' where the person felt they were going to die. That is my understanding of it and I have supported several people coping with such symptoms.

It seems to get confused with other stress related issues.

Hiya Bloomdido - it can be caused by a lot of different stessful situations and not only where a person feels they are going to die.

Hi was wondering if anyone suffers from it??

I have been diagnosed with it and am going to under go treatement with a psychotherapist. Feel so stupid only being 26 and having it makes me feel a complete idiot.:loopy:

Is there any support groups for it???

Charlie9865 - don't feel an idiot! Things that affect us emotionally are just as much a reality as if you were physically ill - it's great you have had it diagnosed and can have some treatment for it. Wishing you all the best!

• 3 months later...

Archived