Takeaways cheaper then cooking your own!!

I cooked a "sunday roast" for five last night - i could have taken everyone out to a carvery for less money.

Then you must be doing something wrong! Should be able to do a cracking sunday dinner at home for £20 quid or less.

Having a discussion with a friend and she said it was cheaper for her and her fella and kiddo to have a chinese takeaway then to cook something similar

I cant believe its cheaper to have a takeaway then to cook yourself. I know they are a lot more unhealthy with large amounts of fat/salt and smg.

But its the cost. What do people find?.

For example it cant be cheaper to get a takeaway pizza or a typical chinese takeaway like sweet and sour then to make your own(assuming you have the ability to cook!). This is even taking in to account using the bus, or as most people do the car and use of gas etc

Out of interest are the family all a bit on the large side?

Then you must be doing something wrong! Should be able to do a cracking sunday dinner at home for £20 quid or less.

theres a thread about the price of cooking sunday/christmas lunch if you cba to find it

Or we enjoy our food.5 people at £3.49 is less than £20 ofr a carvery.

I cooked a "sunday roast" for five last night - i could have taken everyone out to a carvery for less money.

Well I cooked a fantastic risotto with squid a few nights ago, I could have trawled through next door's dustbin for less.

You are comparing chalk and cheese.

Out of interest are the family all a bit on the large side?

lol anything but

The kid and her fella are right slim! and shes normal!

So na they aint overweight or unhealthy, my point isnt about the quality of food at such places just the cost vs making your own

Well I cooked a fantastic risotto with squid a few nights ago, I could have trawled through next door's dustbin for less.

You are comparing chalk and cheese.

I'm comparing meat , two veg, yorkies and gravy. Perhaps my cooking is slightly better than mushy cauliflower cheese.Similarly we cetainly had more meat on our plate and a better ambience. But otherwise little different.

Dustbin scraps and squid obviously are extreme differences.

Archived