Takeaways cheaper then cooking your own!!

It's just food. I dont get how eating is a pleasurable thing. It's just food. It's just to keep you alive.
Really, then eat baby food every day, that'll keep you alive. Drink cooking oil and take vitamin pills they'll keep you alive for a while if you do it properly.

I've never understood peoples obsession with food. I eat to stay alive. If someone told me I could eat a tablet a day and that would provide me with all the nutrients I would need I would take it in a heartbeat.

Food is just like putting petrol in a car, yes there are some differences in fuel but ultimately; as long as it makes the car go what does it matter

Some people see their sense of taste as a very important sense, and want to use it when they eat something really lovely - It's ok that you don't, as I am sure that other senses are lost on others too... But for many they enjoy tasting really good food, or even just the experience of eating with others who share their passion...

Re your petrol and car analogy - it's better to put the right fuel in the car for maximum life span of the engine and performance, wouldn't you agree? Pumping it full of dirty fuel full of ***** will reduce performance in the short term, and eventually kill the engine... Some foods are like that in the human system, takeaways eaten more than every month or so are one of them...

Some people see their sense of taste as a very important sense, and want to use it when they eat something really lovely - It's ok that you don't, as I am sure that other senses are lost on others too... But for many they enjoy tasting really good food, or even just the experience of eating with others who share their passion...

Re your petrol and car analogy - it's better to put the right fuel in the car for maximum life span of the engine and performance, wouldn't you agree? Pumping it full of dirty fuel full of ***** will reduce performance in the short term, and eventually kill the engine... Some foods are like that in the human system, takeaways eaten more than every month or so are one of them...

You're quite feisty about this aren't you?

It's just food. I dont get how eating is a pleasurable thing. It's just food. It's just to keep you alive.

Breathing isn't a pleasurable experience we just do it.

But breathing in pure oxygen is nicer and more pleasurable than breathing in the stink from an outside lav.

Likewise eating something tasty and fulfilling is better than eating compost.

You're quite feisty about this aren't you?

Not really - I like a greasy chinese every now and again - but it's balance isn't it, and some people really DO believe that all food is equally nourishing, when it really isn't...

I thought you were a bit 'fiesty' about food being unimportant and that the view that taste was irrelevant seemed a bit odd to me...

Not really - I like a greasy chinese every now and again - but it's balance isn't it, and some people really DO believe that all food is equally nourishing, when it really isn't...

I thought you were a bit 'fiesty' about food being unimportant and that the view that taste was irrelevant seemed a bit odd to me...

That wasn't me!

Think you were responding to a different poster on that point, no-one could accuse Discodown of claiming that food was unimportant.

That wasn't me!

Sorry!

Not sure why you see me thinking cheap foods clog your inerds is being 'fiesty' then??? I'm not that bothered either way what other people eat -I wouldn't eat it is all... The car analogy seemed relevant to point out that not all fuel will actually power a car for long...

In fact, thinking it through, I ought to get my groceries delivered.

That's a good point, I used to think it was a luxury having groceries delivered, but £3.50 to have someone do the picking, packing and delivering is a bargain. The hassle factor alone is worth £3.50, not taking account of the petrol and it taking 2 hours out of my life!

Archived