Takeaways cheaper then cooking your own!!

Your life must be so much fun.

I was thinking the same.

At a meal finnon83 and friends tuck into a nice sunday roast. ''Whats this??'' ask one of his friends, ''It's finnon83 getting up and walking outside to fuel his car up by breathing in air'' :loopy:

If your order comes to more than £150 (I think!), Sainsbury's deliver for free on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I use Tesco, they have variable pricing depending on the day and time, you can pay up to £6, but even that is good value for the work they do, in my opinion.

I was thinking the same.

At a meal finnon83 and friends tuck into a nice sunday roast. ''Whats this??'' ask one of his friends, ''It's finnon83 getting up and walking outside to fuel his car up by breathing in air'' :loopy:

It wasn't finnon that said it matty, it was doneticus ;)

It's just food. I dont get how eating is a pleasurable thing. It's just food. It's just to keep you alive.

Breathing isn't a pleasurable experience we just do it.

How odd.

Humans are sensory beings and one of our major senses is taste. For me eating good food is one of the major pleasures of life and is also one not dependent on anyone else.

I'd rather give up sex than fine food.

If my bloke left me I'd still have sirloin steak, spaghetti carbonara, sausage sandwiches and chocolate cake.

well yesterday I fed four of us jerk chicken with rice and peas.

Rice already in store cupboard

seasonings in store cupboard

chicken - that lovely yellow label so £2.50 for 6 chicken breasts

1 onion - 30p

1 pepper - 40p

chicken stock - from the store cupboard

1/4 bag of frozen peas 25p

We had a load of grub at hardly any cost - no fat used bar a glug of olive oil, so exceedingly healthy and twas delicious.

:D

BUt surely you must account for the store cupboard items and the cost of cooking - they won't be replensihed FOC and part of the takeaway cost is fuel and labour.

I admit most days it is cheaper to cook at home, but there are occasions when takeaways are cheaper and less time consuming.

Imagine four people for curry - naan breads,bhaggees, poppadoms, pickle tray components, rice, meat for curry,seasonings ( i do cook curry from scratch) veggies. At a rough guess buying it from one source and not wasting £10 in fuel, i bet it could be as cheap to order 2 curries,rice and accompaniments from a takeaway.(In fact i know it is 'cos i do a similar meal every month and comment everytime its cheaper to order in)

I commented to the other half a few days ago in the Sainsburys cafe, that at those prices if you were single and it was convenient you could eat there every day. They even did salads and stuff that wouldn't leave you dead of a heart attack in a few years.

It's not take away though technically.

Curry for 4, but you only buy 2 curries. Maybe that's why it's cheaper, you're serving half portions when you buy it in.

I commented to the other half a few days ago in the Sainsburys cafe, that at those prices if you were single and it was convenient you could eat there every day. They even did salads and stuff that wouldn't leave you dead of a heart attack in a few years.

When I moved to Cheshire I worked near to an Ikea. My plan was to go in there for my tea every day after work and never cook again!

It's not take away though technically.

Curry for 4, but you only buy 2 curries. Maybe that's why it's cheaper, you're serving half portions when you buy it in.

2 curries from my local is more than sufficient for 4 of us WITH all the accompaniments. I wouldn't offer any larger portions myself if cooking at home. I actually cook less rice if home cooking than that provided from the Indian.

If i was single i don't think i'd ever cook again, except perhaps toast. Not just for cost but hassle.

Archived