Downloading prosecutions

Hi,

Recently discovered that my daughter has been downloading films and tv series etc. I prosume from illegal sites but don't know that for a fact as it's new to me.

I am worried about the possibility of prosecution. Does anyone have any experience of this or can recommend sites that are not illegal etc. Should I be worried.

Thanks

..dont know the answer to your question snowaddict, but given the millions of kids that engage in a similar practice, the courtrooms would be full everyday of unhappy parents if it was something that copyright owners routinely pursued :)

..dont know the answer to your question snowaddict, but given the millions of kids that engage in a similar practice, the courtrooms would be full everyday of unhappy parents if it was something that copyright owners routinely pursued :)

the copyright owners usually look to settle out of court

Procecutions could happen to anyone who in theory could download one music track. In reality it's highly unlikely that anything will come of it. Unless of course she has been downloading tens of thousands of films, music tracks etc

I wouldn't worry about it but would try to discourage it, I assume she wouldn't go into hmv and steal a DVD off the shelf but getting her to understand that this is, in the eyes of the law it is the same will probably be difficult.

Hi,

Recently discovered that my daughter has been downloading films and tv series etc. I prosume from illegal sites but don't know that for a fact as it's new to me.

I am worried about the possibility of prosecution. Does anyone have any experience of this or can recommend sites that are not illegal etc. Should I be worried.

Thanks

I know some who are still making money from downloading and selling and they are constantly at it, none of them have ever been done or even know anyone who has been done.

Hi,

Thanks

I'll be honest as I want people to know the truth. Search the internet for ACS Law and you will find some shocking practices.

The best way i can explain this to you or rather compare this to is when you used to copy songs from the radio onto tape, did you hear of anyone getting prosecuted for that then?

Technically speaking it is illegal but just like it was and is illigal to take songs off the radio?

hope that helps.

Archived