Would you politely remind a driver using a mobile is illegal?

Spindrift would you steer your bike round and in front of a person in a car/van etc whilst they are using a mobile phone, knowing that it is a very dangerous place to be?

No, you didn't. Stop lying.

Why is it dangerous to filter in front of a car you admit was stationary?

well, jongo did actually - but dont let the truth hinder things!

No, you didn't. Stop lying.

Why is it dangerous to filter in front of a car you admit was stationary?

Your not doing very well, just look back at my post, its there in black and white

I asked you a simple question, I made it simple for a reason

You are the one saying the driver was reckless by using his phone so I just asked if you would do what the bloke on the bike did, with you knowing that it was a dangerous place to be

well would you?

Do you disagree that using a mobile whilst driving is as or more dangerous than drink driving?

It shouldn't surprise you to learn that I've done no studies on the matter and have no opinion. It was yourself who raised the issue and it's much easier to ask you than it is to go do the research.

Personally I don't think they are particularly comparable and therefore I don't see the results of any such studies as being of any particular interest when more useful metrics are available.

This is getting silly now. I am an excellent driver. I can eat, drink, devise dinner party menus, programme my sound system, change CDs, read emails from my blackberry, receive texts from my personal phone, apply lip gloss, gesticulate to bad drivers and contemplate the meaning of life while being totally safe to drive.

This is getting silly now. I am an excellent driver. I can eat, drink, devise dinner party menus, programme my sound system, change CDs, read emails from my blackberry, receive texts from my personal phone, apply lip gloss, gesticulate to bad drivers and contemplate the meaning of life while being totally safe to drive.

You're a taxi driver, right? :)

P.S. Please get your indicators fixed.

It shouldn't surprise you to learn that I've done no studies on the matter and have no opinion. It was yourself who raised the issue and it's much easier to ask you than it is to go do the research.

Personally I don't think they are particularly comparable and therefore I don't see the results of any such studies as being of any particular interest when more useful metrics are available.

Maybe if you read the thread?

"Just like you put yourself and other people at risk when you drive drunk, you put yourself and others at risk when you use a cell phone and drive," writes David Strayer, a psychology professor and the study's lead author. "The level of impairment is very similar."

The study, published in the June 29 issue of Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, found that drivers talking on cell phones, either handheld or hands-free, are more likely to crash because they are distracted by conversation.

Do you defend drunk drivers?

If not, why defend drivers on mobiles?

once on my local there was a "whats the craziest thing you've done while driving" conversation and responses ranged from "changed from a suit and tie to a football kit including boots and shinpads" to "i masturbated to keep me awake on a long trip to cardiff"

neither of which i have done for the record!

Maybe if you read the thread?

"Just like you put yourself and other people at risk when you drive drunk, you put yourself and others at risk when you use a cell phone and drive," writes David Strayer, a psychology professor and the study's lead author. "The level of impairment is very similar."

The study, published in the June 29 issue of Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, found that drivers talking on cell phones, either handheld or hands-free, are more likely to crash because they are distracted by conversation.

Do you defend drunk drivers?

If not, why defend drivers on mobiles?

do you intend on replying to my post (#65)? i am awaiting your reply with great intrigue

I would be careful a friend of mine scalded his lap drink driving, it spoilt his chips as well.

Archived