Would you politely remind a driver using a mobile is illegal?

once on my local there was a "whats the craziest thing you've done while driving" conversation and responses ranged from "changed from a suit and tie to a football kit including boots and shinpads" to "i masturbated to keep me awake on a long trip to cardiff"

neither of which i have done for the record!

What did you get for doing it then ? :lol:

I love my laptop steering wheel tray. Using the laptop really helps distract from the tedium of the morning commute.

Just been reading some at them reviews... and they say Yanks don't have a sense of humour*

:hihi:

*Or maybe it's a sense of irony they don't have and it's the Germans who lack humour.

Do you defend drunk drivers?

If not, why defend drivers on mobiles?

Hello.... knock... knock....

Pointing out the contradiction between your figures and your statement is not defending anyone. You need to understand that. If you make an assertion then it's your job to make it a convincing one - it's a basic principle of debate!

The contradiction stands. Your quote from some study repeats your claim, but still your accident figures do not?

Please explain.

do i? where did i say that?

i am under the impression that driving with over 35mg of alcohol in your blood (i think thats right) is illegal because it severley reduces reaction time, awareness etc

if alcohol was not to have that influence on someone (or only at a much higer percentage) then on what grounds would they not be allowed to have such an amount of alcohol in their blood and still drive?

I have no idea. Maybe if you re-phrased your question?

Drunk driving (that you defend) is illegal.

Driving whilst using a mobile is illegal.

Why are you defending drunk drivers and drivers on mobiles?

Yes. A cyclist is a vulnerable road user so they have an interest in preventing people guiding a two ton vehicle near them whilst they are chatting on a mobile.

Did you know that drivers on mobiles are considered more dangerous than drunk drivers?

But then, you defend drunk drivers, who killed 400 people last year.

You are very much part of the problem of reckless, stupid, drunk drivers on our roads, wrecking families and killing people.

This particular cyclist made himself even more vulnerable by choosing a recumbent bike over a normal one.

I do not accept that mobile users are more dangerous than drunk drivers, I would have thought there were many more mobile users on the road compared to drunk drivers but the drunk driver related deaths appears to be higher.

Hello.... knock... knock....

Pointing out the contradiction between your figures and your statement is not defending anyone. You need to understand that. If you make an assertion then it's your job to make it a convincing one - it's a basic principle of debate!

The contradiction stands. Your quote from some study repeats your claim, but still your accident figures do not?

Please explain.

Explain what?

You think that driving whilst chatting on a mobile is safe?

Archived