Flying tablets do they work?

i am scared of flying and want to know if the tablets you can get from the doctors for flying really work?

I think it depends on how bad your fear is because sometimes your GP's advice you to work on your breathing techniques. Also it depends on the type of medication your GP gives you for your flying & the dosage. I used to see a patient who had a fear of flying. She saw her GP who gave her medication & she said she took one just before her flight & it knocked her out two hours flat at the start of her journey. A lot of the meds given out for this is anxiety related which do wonders for a lot of patients who are planning to fly.

... She saw her GP who gave her medication & she said she took one just before her flight & it knocked her out two hours flat at the start of her journey. ...

That's not too smart, is it?

What happens if there is an emergency and the passengers and crew have to evacuate the aircraft?

- It has happened.

That's not too smart, is it?

What happens if there is an emergency and the passengers and crew have to evacuate the aircraft?

- It has happened.

If the plane is doing a nosedive I know I'd rather be giving it some zzzzeeee's

Fly with Easy Jet, they bringing out standing only seats. So in the event of an emergency, you're ready to run.

Now i know in these modern times there's a tabet for everything, just hope the pilot's not on them.

Happy flying. Just think of the sunny destination your flying too whilst on board, that'll take your mind off flying. The return journey, i can't help you with.

I visit my doctor when I'm due to fly and she prescribes me just enough diazepam and/or betablockers to see me through the flight. She also provides me with a letter to hand over to Customs in case my bags are searched.

I start taking the diazepam 2 or 3 days before the flight, as they need to build up. Then I give the bottle to my OH to look after, as they are quite a high dosage and you can forget you've taken them.

It's also advisable to inform the airline that you're taking tranquillisers for fear of flying. They're quite used to this and will make a note in case there is an emergency. The drugs will not knock you out or make you incapable of reacting if there is an emergency, they just stop you feeling afraid.

I've done this for years and so have thousands of other people. Go and see your doctor and have a good flight!

Archived