Stovin Road, Attercliffe

I emigrated in 1974 Guzzi but my cousins lived on Stovin Rd till the houses were demolished, does the name Sampson ring a bell?

Eighup Joto , dont know Sampson , but i used to work at Whitbreads and a workmate called Mick Williams ( tall guy wi' red hair ) told me he used to live on Stovin Rd , and he knew Pauline ( Johns sister )

Eighup Joto , dont know Sampson , but i used to work at Whitbreads and a workmate called Mick Williams ( tall guy wi' red hair ) told me he used to live on Stovin Rd , and he knew Pauline ( Johns sister )

Sorry Guzzi I don't recall anyone of that discription, I used to go on seaside trips because Grandad was a member of the Buffs (blast from the past) and there was this tall guy with black hair, his name was Mullins (maybe Alan) and he lived on Stovin Rd.:)

Eighup Joto , John Rodgers was a 'Hippy type guy' , he had long straight hair and a small beard ,wore John Lennon style glasses ... and allus wore an afghan coat , he'll be around 55 now ..

Stovin rd is classed as Darnall I think, lived on Fitzmaurice and

Greenland rd :)

Hi Pinkgirl

When did you live on Fitzmaurice Road? I may know you, I was brought up on that street. Lived at no. 77. My family left in 1973....... and went to Parkhouse school too....

HI joto is my cousin and I was born in 1951. my parents (my dad and jotos were brothers), me and my brother lived on slitting mill lane until 1955 and joto and I were brought up not far from each other her sister is the same age as me so we did see a lot of each other as children especially at our grandmothers house nearby. I was a flower child in the sixties

Hi Pinkgirl

When did you live on Fitzmaurice Road? I may know you, I was brought up on that street. Lived at no. 77. My family left in 1973....... and went to Parkhouse school too....

Hi, I only lived on the 'new' fitzmaurice rd, we moved there when I was

14 and our house on greenland rd had to come down.:)

If you want to tell me your name by pm, please do

Eighup Joto , John Rodgers was a 'Hippy type guy' , he had long straight hair and a small beard ,wore John Lennon style glasses ... and allus wore an afghan coat , he'll be around 55 now ..

Sorry Guzzy but all through the 60s I was busy caring for my 3 kids, so when I visited my grandparents, which wasn't often. I was that busy being a mother I was oblivious to the rest of the world :hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

i lived in mountain st there was afield at the bottom my father had agarden on this field at the back of the garden were the houses of stovin rd the next garden down had agate intothe back yard of the mullens house paullen and john rodgers lived in the next but one yard down on a different note i used to work with pauline rodgers at balfour darwens on greenland rd

• 3 weeks later...

I knew Liz Hemstock in the Mid 60s she lived in Stovin road and no matter what you say the postal address was Darnall. Near the bottom there was a yard and a small coach company that did excursions. Can anybody remember?

Edited by thurleytwirl
spelling