Stovin Road, Attercliffe

Hello I saw yr posting on Sheffield Forum I am John Rodgers that "Hippy Guy" u remember from the 70's. Get in touch .

---------- Post added 15-01-2014 at 17:04 ----------

I am John Rodgers the Hippy Guy from the 70's lol

Don't be on here to late work tomorrow !

Postal areas may be likely to change on an adhoc basis due to the volume of postal traffic in that area.

I used to live in Yateley which is in Hampshire.

It had a postal address of Camberley, which is Surrey and was also on the same telephone exchange of Sandhurst which is in Berkshire.

The first part of the postcode was GU, for Guilford, which is many miles away.

Stovin Road could well have been in Darnall, although its postal address is or was Atterclife.

Looking at a couple of finds on the web and it suggests that Stovin Road was in Attercliffe.

In 1911 he resided with his older sister and brother at 49, Whixley Road, Darnall, Attercliffe, Sheffield. He was a Steel Works Hammer Dropper in 1901 and a Steel Works Labourer in 1911.

From 1997, Sheffield Attercliffe covered much of east and south east the city including the wards of Beighton, Birley, Darnall, Mosborough, Woodhouse, and parts of Richmond ward
Edited by Gleadly

hi Joto yes I remember the name's especially the shepheards I lived at the bottom of stovin rd from until 1974 I have two sons Richard and Derek. Richard is the same age as John Rodgers.

Mr & Mrs Shepherd who lived at 49 Stovin Rd were my Grandparents. My Aunty Becky and Uncle Charlie lived with them, with their two son's David ( who's 65 now) and cousin John who is 62. My aunt and uncle lived there till Stovin rd was demolished, then they moved to Firth Park. :)