Do the police take drugs in nightclubs seriously?

This thred is a joke!

I know for a fact that I would rather be in a night club with happy, dancing, loved up people, rather than a club full of abusive drunk jocks & slappers!

It's not the drugs that are the problem, it's people who down bottles of vodka before going out that are the problem!

What would you have them do? Lets say the police caught a person with a gram of coke. What in your opinion would be a suitable punishment?

I have no idea whatthe sentence currently is for that. All I am suggesting is that the currrent law actually be enforced. Also some of nightclub blacklist might be appropriate for when they get out.

As has been previously stated, in multiple responses, how would you as an innocent bystander know that the person next to you has taken illegal drugs, when the effects of the legal drug the bar sells is far more intoxicating?

You wouldn't, so you can still have legitimate night out regardless of whether people use recreational drugs or not.

I'm confused as to why someone quietly sitting enjoying their high is more offensive to someone drunk, throwing up, fighting and shouting abuse at everyone who passes.

I don't remember saying that drunkenness and violence should not be dealt with.

You yourself said you had not encountered (knowingly) anyone on drugs so what is your issue? If you do not know if someone is on drugs how would the police?

And I ask again, if you do not know someone is on drugs that how is it effecting you?

I would like to go out in the knowledge that I am NOT in the presence of druggies.

Innocent bystanders ?

Legitamate night out?

If you got down from that incredibly high horse then maybe you could read some of the replies and respond!

Innocent bystanders to what?

Legitimate night out? What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Going out to hopefully meet a nice girl not to do illegal things be that drugs, kife crime, fighting, drunkenness.

It is obvious from the replies here that a small number of posters are quite pro-drugs or at least pretty relaxed about them. However, theirs is not necessarily the only point of view.

It would be interesting to hear from parents of teenagers on this thread and weather or not they would prefer their sons and daughters to go to drug free clubs or not.

Archived