Do the police take drugs in nightclubs seriously?

Again the nievety strikes. For the record, most users of recreational drugs DON'T drink at the same time, for reasons that would be obvious if you had the remotest clue what you're on about.

Why are pubs having problems with people going for a line in the toilets then?.

Some atre taking quite extreme measures to prevent this.

Everyone I have met who use illegal drugs also drink alcohol as well.

Regardless of whether they're OK or not, it is true that alcohol is worse than a good deal, and certainly worse than the majority of recreational drugs.

Yet there doesn't seem to be any logic as to why that is.

The "Daily Mail" explanation, so quaint ;)

The head in the sand reaction, so predictable.;).

pretty girls. Not drink loud music or drugs.

have you thought about just going speed dating or something instead if finding a girl is your one and only reason for entering a club and you dont actually enjoy being there? what if you meet someone in a club and they want to continue clubbing?

Surely it is more "head in sand" to ignore the fact that many drugs are less dangerous than alcohol?

No one is ignoring anything.

My points is, why do something that is harmful to yourself and then excuse it by saying something else is more harmful??.

The head in the sand reaction, so predictable.;).

So you can't respond to the points I raised then? ;)

Why are pubs having problems with people going for a line in the toilets then?.

Some atre taking quite extreme measures to prevent this.

The problem is the illegality of illegal drugs. Just because pubs have a problem with people using the toilets to take them doesn't mean those same people were actually drinking alcohol. Last time I checked, pubs sold soft drinks.

Everyone I have met who use illegal drugs also drink alcohol as well.

Your experience seems to bear little resemblance to mine, unsurprisingly ;)

have you thought about just going speed dating or something instead if finding a girl is your one and only reason for entering a club and you dont actually enjoy being there? what if you meet someone in a club and they want to continue clubbing?

Thought about it and done it (about 10 times) but without any success. I would be happy to meet a nice girl anywhere it doesn't have to be a club.

The problem is the illegality of illegal drugs. Just because pubs have a problem with people using the toilets to take them doesn't mean those same people were actually drinking alcohol. Last time I checked, pubs sold soft drinks.

Your experience seems to bear little resemblance to mine, unsurprisingly ;)

I'm probably a lot older than you and your experiences are of a different age group to mine.

It is a fact that drugs and booze are consumed at the same time, not by everyone granted.

The problem with people who wish to defend drug abuse is they only see their view of it.

The druggies on here love to talk rubbish about how their illegal drugs are ok but alcohol is worse.

Neither do anyone any good but the point is one is legal the other isn't.

Saying illegal drugs are ok because another thing is worse for you is nonsense anyway, but there again most druggies eggs are scrambled anyway.

Saying something else is worse isnt nonsense at all its a case of prioritising - as has been said its incredibly difficult to stop this sort of thing unless you suggest thoroughly searching all clubbers - people are searched in a lot of bigger clubs but there is a limit as to how far you can go with this. so what is the point in dedicating more police resources to something which is so hard to stop and is low on list of serious crimes when there are worse crimes out there to put a stop to? Yes it may be illegal but as someone mentioned before, we dont live in a utopia where everything is perfect. now if the post was about stopping dealers then yes i could see that as a little more serious, as its stopping a problem closer to the roots - but trying to catch out every end user would be an impossible task

But doing something to yourself should be a matter for yourself, not others.

I don't care personally what drugs people take, I see it day in day out.

The point I am making is if you don't agree with the law as it is, breaking that law doesn't make you right.

Archived