Do the police take drugs in nightclubs seriously?

as it happens no i don't but that is neither here nor there. It is illegal drugs this thread is about. if you have a problem with alcohol then start your own thread.

so just to get things straight, are you ok with legal highs then?

Saying something else is worse isnt nonsense at all its a case of prioritising - as has been said its incredibly difficult to stop this sort of thing unless you suggest thoroughly searching all clubbers - people are searched in a lot of bigger clubs but there is a limit as to how far you can go with this. so what is the point in dedicating more police resources to something which is so hard to stop and is low on list of serious crimes when there are worse crimes out there to put a stop to? Yes it may be illegal but as someone mentioned before, we dont live in a utopia where everything is perfect. now if the post was about stopping dealers then yes i could see that as a little more serious, as its stopping a problem closer to the roots - but trying to catch out every end user would be an impossible task

I would humbly suggest that my idea of plain clothes police in clubs would stop both dealers and users.

Saying something else is worse isnt nonsense at all its a case of prioritising - as has been said its incredibly difficult to stop this sort of thing unless you suggest thoroughly searching all clubbers - people are searched in a lot of bigger clubs but there is a limit as to how far you can go with this. so what is the point in dedicating more police resources to something which is so hard to stop and is low on list of serious crimes when there are worse crimes out there to put a stop to? Yes it may be illegal but as someone mentioned before, we dont live in a utopia where everything is perfect. now if the post was about stopping dealers then yes i could see that as a little more serious, as its stopping a problem closer to the roots - but trying to catch out every end user would be an impossible task

People taking illegal drugs which harm them and then using the "alcohol is worse for you" statement as a way of excusing it is nonsense.

Just the same as an alcoholic saying the same about cigs or anything else.

"oh I take these drugs that are doing me harm but I don't smoke":loopy:.

People taking illegal drugs which harm them and then using the "alcohol is worse for you" statement as a way of excusing it is nonsense.

Just the same as an alcoholic saying the same about cigs or anything else.

"oh I take these drugs that are doing me harm but I don't smoke":loopy:.

ahh i see, i thought you may have been referring to comments that police resources should be used on worse crimes.

I have never said alcohol is worse though, everything has its risks and dangers and there are a lot of risks with drug users particularly when they have little knowledge of the things they are taking. however, this thread was about sid not liking being around people on drugs, and many people have said that people tend to behave much more badly on alcohol, which is a pretty valid point to be fair

ahh i see, i thought you may have been referring to comments that police resources should be used on worse crimes.

I have never said alcohol is worse though, everything has its risks and dangers and there are a lot of risks with drug users particularly when they have little knowledge of the things they are taking. however, this thread was about sid not liking being around people on drugs, and many people have said that people tend to behave much more badly on alcohol, which is a pretty valid point to be fair

how about they avoid illegal drugs completely and consume alcohol in moderation only (or is that too obvious)

As far as behavior goes, I find that people who can handle drink pretty well turn into complete arseholes when they have been to the bog for a line.

Perhaps mixing the two is the problem.

It's like anything else, some people handle thing better than others.

I'd like to see the law changed to make them illegal (which i belive is happening to some extent anyway)

they are always making things illegal and soon as they do there are new ones out. there will always be some legal high around. my point was whether you are concerned as you say about people breaking the law or if its just you not wanting to be around people on drugs? this does of course take us back to the drink argument though if you dont want to be around people on legal substances either.

Archived