Do the police take drugs in nightclubs seriously?

Well this in itself is reason enough.

Now let me ask you a question - if you think drug taking is harmless enough then presumable you wouldn't mind them doing it in other places too not just clubs? How about a shopping centre on a Monday morning or outside a school or riding on a bus or well pretty much anywhere?

Is that your view or do you think clubs should be more lawless than society in general?

Sid. Assume for a moment that all currently illegal drugs were legal.

What would be your objection to people using them in clubs or anywhere if that were the case?

The people that funded these acts/statutes are the very same people that fund the war against drugs in Afghanistan, despite the rate of drugs being exported increasing after the occupation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_drug_laws

Also the same people that just ripped off the taxpayer.

Are you Sid/Alex so willing to support them, that you would impose your beliefs on everyone else?

Well this in itself is reason enough.

Now let me ask you a question - if you think drug taking is harmless enough then presumable you wouldn't mind them doing it in other places too not just clubs? How about a shopping centre on a Monday morning or outside a school or riding on a bus or well pretty much anywhere?

Is that your view or do you think clubs should be more lawless than society in general?

I don't think all drugs are harmless. BUt look at it this way. If you use the tram or go shopping it's highly likely that among your fellow passengers or shoppers there will be people who are under the influence of drugs.

However it's also highly likely that you could be sitting next to them and have no idea that they using. If the notion that other people choose to use drugs and you prefer not too scares or angers you so much, perhaps it would be safer never to leave your front door.

Archived