Do the police take drugs in nightclubs seriously?

Sorry my mistake, I thought I was posting to someone who knew what we were talking about.:rolleyes:.

Never mind.:roll:.

Apology accepted, now mind answering the question?:roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis

You don't happen to mean the "The Misuse of Drugs Act" do you?

Now can you tell me the difference between an act and a law?

Your link confirms it.;)

Didn't you know?.:suspect:.

The link I used only gives you the legality of the drug in different countries.

It doesn't confirm that "The Misuse of Drugs Act" is a law at all.

There are arguments for and against that.

I don't think legalising some drugs would stop people drug dealing illegally..

Legal drugs would be taxed etc, distributers liscenced etc, before long black market drugs would be the norm because of the high prices of this money grabbing country.

I wouldn't happen like that though, would it? The street value of drugs in this country is far higher than the actual cost of production. The government wouldn't be able to inflate the price over the cost of street value, just wouldn't be possible.

The main reason why people would never go back to dealers is due to the purity of the drugs. For Example, would you rather pay £50 for a gram of heroin or £50 for 0.2 oz of heroin with 0.1 oz of ground up brick dust? Thats the problem with the black market, it's run by criminals who take a cut from the drug to make a profit! They don't care what the users are putting in their arms!

I wouldn't happen like that though, would it? The street value of drugs in this country is far higher than the actual cost of production. The government wouldn't be able to inflate the price over the cost of street value, just wouldn't be possible.

The main reason why people would never go back to dealers is due to the purity of the drugs. For Example, would you rather pay £50 for a gram of heroin or £50 for 0.2 oz of heroin with 0.1 oz of ground up brick dust? Thats the problem with the black market, it's run by criminals who take a cut from the drug to make a profit! They don't care what the users are putting in their arms!

I think it would be the same as it is with snide chinese cigs and bacca and a black market would flourish.

As for government taxing it, the same applies.

It may be, but then seeing as the law is on my side and not theirs why should I have to.

Because *most* people don't care either way, they realise that police resources are limited and they'd much rather the police be out catching voilent criminals. The serious drug users that rob and attack people are not the people taking recreational drugs in nightclubs.

The police also know that the drugs laws in the UK are nonsensical, so they prioritise accordingly.

Welcome to the real world! Life ain't fair.

That is the whole point of this thread.

It's not quite the point.

Surely part of the point is the continuing question of how you can tell the difference between people on an illegal high and those on the legal one, and what difference it would make either way?

Exactly what is the effect of someone on an illegal high that is different from the legal one (apart from the weeing themselves, the shouting and the violence) that you particularly dislike?

There's also the point that all nightclubs sell a legal drug, and this legal drug/high is (in comparison to alot of recreational drugs) more harmful. Irrelevant to some, entirely the point to others.

I wonder whether it's even worth posting on a sid thread. :confused:

I'm still unsure whether he is real. After reading these type of threads for years, I think that Sid is either a troll who can keep up a remarkably and unrealistically large amount of consistent pretense [i.e. genius deception], or he is an incredibly, almost an inconceivably naïve person. :confused::|

Anyway, observations or insults aside ...

The point of this thread was to ask whether the police take drugs in night clubs seriously. I think your query has been answered, many times! Now your just trolling for responses & making a complete fool out of your self! I think you are the one who is on drugs!!:loopy:

Because you live in the real world, not inside your (probably rather frightful) head.

Put these posts together, and I think Halibut has a point. I think that some [legal or non legal] drugs would be extremely dangerous to Sid. Sid, never get p*****d on alcohol. Alcohol and naivety go hand in hand with bother.

Well this in itself is reason enough.

Now let me ask you a question - if you think drug taking is harmless enough then presumable you wouldn't mind them doing it in other places too not just clubs? How about a shopping centre on a Monday morning or outside a school or riding on a bus or well pretty much anywhere?

Is that your view or do you think clubs should be more lawless than society in general?

This just stood out. Where is your logic?

Let give you a basic example. As it seems easier, and you don't seem to understand the concept of the word 'harm'.

Drinking alcohol IS legal.

So, your example says 'outside a school'. Do I consider drinking legal alcohol outside a school on a Monday morning harmful?

Well, I have a brain. I use it. I wouldn't need it to not be illegal to tell me, that 'not drinking alcohol whilst taking my child to school on a Monday morning' is bad'.

well personally speaking i hate clubs where people are out on the pull, nothing worse than some random getting in your personal space while dancing trying to feel you up. However, i am aware there are people who go out with intention of pulling but those who do want to pull you would think would at least be going somewhere and enjoying themselves too.

It is logical to find someone who shares similar interests as yourself, so why go to a place you clearly hate to pull someone who most probably actually enjoys clubbing?

edit: no clubs shouldnt be about drug taking - nor should they be purely about pulling either imo. they should simply be about having a good time first

Wise words Ha3.

Sid, there are different types of clubs. Use 'meat markets' if you will. It seems to me that these are the very clubs where you want to go. It might help to know that 'meat markets' tend to have more beer drinkers than decent clubs [iMO] that have people that Ha3 mentioned, where people go to enjoy themselves clubbing rather than 'pulling'.

so are you saying there are bars/clubs where 'pulling' takes place but not drugs - ie that the two activities attract two diffeernt types of people?

My goodness, are you a child? I know that you are of a similar age to me, but you talk and think like I did as a child.

Let's try to separate things.

People don't go out to have a 'bad' time do they?

'Pulling' can take place at any time, drug or not, alc or not, club or not.

People talk, people chat. It's a human trait. We are social creatures.

Different clubs attract different clientele. This is based on the fact that despite many similarities amongst human behaviour, there are a few differences. This fact means that every club isn't identical, and don't all play the same music and charge different prices.

Archived