Do the police take drugs in nightclubs seriously?

I don't like the term, but which clubs are the 'cattle markets'?

lol at the trying to work out where to better your chances of preying on drunk women :hihi:

I'm not going to start naming clubs. lets just say there are differences as has already been pointed out to you. namely based on the types of music and the nights put on by the club attracting a different type of people, who therefore may have different ideas about what for them is a good night.

not everyone in a clubbers club is on drugs and not everyone in the chav markets is on the pull or going to start a fight. diff clubs may just have a slightly higher concentration of each

The only reason recreational drugs are illegal is because they open your mind & make you realise that we are all slaves to society! The government can control a nation of sleepy sober people much easier!

:loopy::loopy:

and isn't one of the effects of drug abuse supposed to be paranoia? A suspicious person might ask what you have been up to (not that I'm insinuating)

I wonder whether it's even worth posting on a sid thread. :confused:

I'm still unsure whether he is real. After reading these type of threads for years, I think that Sid is either a troll who can keep up a remarkably and unrealistically large amount of consistent pretense [i.e. genius deception], or he is an incredibly, almost an inconceivably naïve person. :confused::|

Anyway, observations or insults aside ...

Put these posts together, and I think Halibut has a point. I think that some [legal or non legal] drugs would be extremely dangerous to Sid. Sid, never get p*****d on alcohol. Alcohol and naivety go hand in hand with bother.

This just stood out. Where is your logic?

Let give you a basic example. As it seems easier, and you don't seem to understand the concept of the word 'harm'.

Drinking alcohol IS legal.

So, your example says 'outside a school'. Do I consider drinking legal alcohol outside a school on a Monday morning harmful?

Well, I have a brain. I use it. I wouldn't need it to not be illegal to tell me, that 'not drinking alcohol whilst taking my child to school on a Monday morning' is bad'.

Wise words Ha3.

Sid, there are different types of clubs. Use 'meat markets' if you will. It seems to me that these are the very clubs where you want to go. It might help to know that 'meat markets' tend to have more beer drinkers than decent clubs [iMO] that have people that Ha3 mentioned, where people go to enjoy themselves clubbing rather than 'pulling'.

My goodness, are you a child? I know that you are of a similar age to me, but you talk and think like I did as a child.

Let's try to separate things.

People don't go out to have a 'bad' time do they?

'Pulling' can take place at any time, drug or not, alc or not, club or not.

People talk, people chat. It's a human trait. We are social creatures.

Different clubs attract different clientele. This is based on the fact that despite many similarities amongst human behaviour, there are a few differences. This fact means that every club isn't identical, and don't all play the same music and charge different prices.

The point I was trying to make was why should nightclubs be any more lawless than the rest of society. If taking drugs is illegal (and it is) then it is just as illegal in a club on a Saturday night as it would be anywhere else at any other time. The law doesn't stop applying the minute you walk through a club door. This applies to drugs but also to other criminal activities like carrying knives, or fighting. I got the impression (rightlty or wrongly) that some people think differnt standards should apply in night clubs than in the rest of society.

The point I was trying to make was why should nightclubs be any more lawless than the rest of society. If taking drugs is illegal (and it is) then it is just as illegal in a club on a Saturday night as it would be anywhere else at any other time. The law doesn't stop applying the minute you walk through a club door.

You said this ...

Now let me ask you a question - if you think drug taking is harmless enough then presumable you wouldn't mind them doing it in other places too not just clubs? How about a shopping centre on a Monday morning or outside a school or riding on a bus or well pretty much anywhere?

Ok put it another way. Where are these people that are taking recreational drugs outside schools, or shopping centres? How many people 'drop an E' before doing the school run, or trip to Meadowhall on a Monday morning, so we can compare situations?

You presume people wouldn't mind others doing this, but where are they? Who are they?

You said this ...

Ok put it another way. Where are these people that are taking recreational drugs outside schools, or shopping centres? How many people 'drop an E' before doing the school run, or trip to Meadowhall on a Monday morning, so we can compare situations?

You presume people wouldn't mind others doing this, but where are they? Who are they?

That is the point. I am saying that some people think it is ok to do these things in a nightclub but they would not think it ok to do them elsewhere at other times.

So, why should nightclubs be more lawless than anywhere else?

That is the point.

I am saying that some people think it is ok to do these things in a nightclub but they would not think it ok to do them elsewhere at other times.

Which surely shows that the people who take them are generally responsible, use in moderation and in places that are appropriate. They take the drug in the club to enhance their experience within the club. I'm not sure what enhancement you would get taking them riding a bus or in a shopping centre, so it's no surprise that people don't tend to take them there.

It's staggering this isn't self evident, it's hardly rocket science!

They aren't, never have been, and no-one has suggested they are.

Common sense should tell you why people take recreational drugs in nightclubs and not (generally) in other places.

Would you go leering at women outside schools and in shopping centres? No... go figure!

[EDIT]By which I mean you wouldn't go to these places with the intention of trying to pull a woman.[EDIT]

Would you go leering at women outside schools and in shopping centres? No... go figure!

Yes... go figure... wiggle it... just a little bit... *whistles*... who let the dogs out woof woof woof woof woof.

Then my wife slaps me across the face, and storms off in a huff.

Works a treat every time when you just want her to stop talking, keeps her quiet for hours.

:loopy::loopy:

and isn't one of the effects of drug abuse supposed to be paranoia? A suspicious person might ask what you have been up to (not that I'm insinuating)

Yes I believe it is. But a sensible person would stop using drugs if it made them paranoid. Just like a sensible drinker should know their limits when drinking. It's all relative!

That is the point. I am saying that some people think it is ok to do these things in a nightclub but they would not think it ok to do them elsewhere at other times.

See above ^^ Magilla has written out the answer better than I would have ^^^

Archived