Do the police take drugs in nightclubs seriously?

Indeed, the irony being that the reason people go to clubs to try to pull is specifically because the people in the club are intoxicated on a drug. A drug which both removes inhibitions, and gives false courage (or indifference at rejection, depending on your viewpoint). The term "beer goggles" springs to mind.

Indeed, the irony being that the reason people go to clubs to try to pull is specifically because the people in the club are intoxicated on a drug. A drug which both removes inhibitions, and gives false courage (or indifference at rejection, depending on your viewpoint). The term "beer goggles" springs to mind.

Indeed.

Why does Sid try to pull girls in clubs rather than, say, on buses, or in supermakets?

Because clubs are where he'll find intoxicated girls, drugged girls.

More than a little hypocrisy around here I think......

That is the point. I am saying that some people think it is ok to do these things in a nightclub but they would not think it ok to do them elsewhere at other times.

So, why should nightclubs be more lawless than anywhere else?

are you in care or something??

I would never go to the school play whilst ohh lets say coked up, that would be wierd, SOME people may, these would be very very few and far between. Lets call these people hardcore users. I would go out to a dnb club and take an E if the situation warranted it etc etc.

SID, firstly none of you effing business

secondly, none of your effing business

thirdly, If I do something that offends you, tough.

Fourthly, IF I DO something that causes you loss or harm, then have me arrested and charged..

You say 'lawless' but to be honest I don't think your concept of clubs is wide enough.

there are different clubs for different folks who like to diffrent things, yes diffrentdrugs.

On my street there is a place where these guys get really loud till about midnight shouting and yelling and all sorts of rowdyness and then they pack there bowls away and finish ther stout or bitter, or larger and go home.

=bowls club

In town theres a place where different people often do a chemical mixture and generally drink water or soem have red bull and some have a bit of alcohol as well and then about 2 or 4 in the morning they stop dancing like bellends and go outside and often have a friendly and enthusiastic chat,

a random non-stop ******** chat for a half hour before going home

= genric 'club'

then theres places like kingdom which are halfway between a pub and a 'club' your stereotypical nightclub

Your hung up on 'legality' like it means anything of worth.

Your view of 'druggies' implies your very conditioned to the 'rules'

Your not someone I want to meet in a club whilst I'm happy on a chemical concoction as I think you might try to burn me at a stake..

what are your views on Guantanamo Bay? (prob a good idea right?)

Which surely shows that the people who take them are generally responsible, use in moderation and in places that are appropriate. They take the drug in the club to enhance their experience within the club. I'm not sure what enhancement you would get taking them riding a bus or in a shopping centre, so it's no surprise that people don't tend to take them there.

It's staggering this isn't self evident, it's hardly rocket science!

They aren't, never have been, and no-one has suggested they are.

Common sense should tell you why people take recreational drugs in nightclubs and not (generally) in other places.

Would you go leering at women outside schools and in shopping centres? No... go figure!

[EDIT]By which I mean you wouldn't go to these places with the intention of trying to pull a woman.[EDIT]

That is my point. I am saying that a nightclub is no more appropriate to take drugs than anywhere else. The law does not end at the club door.

The Police look away from many different offences, not just drug ones, where the amount of work involved (meaning time and public money) outweighs the general benefit to society of clamping down on those offenses.

Would you feel safer in a club knowing that all the cells in Sheffield were full of people who'd taken a pill while dancing, and there was no space left for the alcohol fuelled cretins who like to start fights once they've had three pints?

The Police look away from many different offences, not just drug ones, where the amount of work involved (meaning time and public money) outweighs the general benefit to society of clamping down on those offenses.

Would you feel safer in a club knowing that all the cells in Sheffield were full of people who'd taken a pill while dancing, and there was no space left for the alcohol fuelled cretins who like to start fights once they've had three pints?

I'd like to be with neither group and like both lots locked up and away from me.

If you had to choose between spending an evening with 20 drugged up overly happy people who talk fast, or 20 drunk people who would rather punch you than speak to you, which would you choose? And if the Police had to make the choice of which to spend your money on stopping first, which would it be?

Archived