Do the police take drugs in nightclubs seriously?

And to echo a question fist posed by discodown and remaining unanswered, what the hell business of yours is it what someone else decides to ingest?

If another patron of a club is up to their eyeballs on whatever how is that your problem?

According to some people on this forum drugs are emdemic in our nightclubs. Personally I have never experienced them at all but then my own clubbing experience is limited.

If drugs are so common in our clubs then why do the police not do more to catch the culprits? Surley it is possible to have one or two plain clothes officers in selected venues on a Friday/saturday night keeping an eye out. If they spot anything they can radio/call for re-enforcments and make some arrests.

I occasionally hear about police raids on clubs but these seem pretty few and far between.

Oh and before anyone says waht about tax payers money - yes it would cost a bit but then are not decent law abiding clubers also tax payers and do they not have the right to go for a night out in a drug free environment?

Your thoughts please. I would be especially interested to get replies from any police officers as to why the police do not devote more resources to this.

Why take an interest in solely nightclubs?

What about Pubs including one in your nice little village?

According to some people on this forum drugs are emdemic in our nightclubs. Personally I have never experienced them at all but then my own clubbing experience is limited.

If drugs are so common in our clubs then why do the police not do more to catch the culprits? Surley it is possible to have one or two plain clothes officers in selected venues on a Friday/saturday night keeping an eye out. If they spot anything they can radio/call for re-enforcments and make some arrests.

I occasionally hear about police raids on clubs but these seem pretty few and far between.

Oh and before anyone says waht about tax payers money - yes it would cost a bit but then are not decent law abiding clubers also tax payers and do they not have the right to go for a night out in a drug free environment?

Your thoughts please. I would be especially interested to get replies from any police officers as to why the police do not devote more resources to this.

for a start, why do drugs in night clubs bother you if you don't go clubbing very often?

If the police triedto get rid of drugs in clubs, they would have one hell of a job on their hands, they are full of people on drugs! Besides, who are they harming? Whether you like it or not, drugs have been a part of human life from day one. The police will never stop people getting drugs, no matter how hard they try! It's alcohol that causes all the fighting & aggression, drugs just make you want to dance & hug people!:D

Well if people are breaking the law then they ought to be arrested. And as for no link between violence and drugs that's rubbish. There have been many occasions of drug related violence, drugs wars, shooting stabbings etc. Violence and drugs are very much related.

The only way to stop this kind of drug related violence is to make all drugs legal. Whether you like it or not, that is a fact!!

During my days of going to Gatecrasher, drugs were all over the place. I was probably in the minority for not taking them. There was never any violence, and everyone was friendly (I went most weeks for 5 years).

You can't say the same about Embrace on a Saturday night.

I agree, Embrace is a club full of drunk alpha male types dressed as JLS look alikes who drink alco pops all night! Nothing worse than a drunk idiot full of sugar! :hihi:

Archived