In search of leslie bell

i am lookin for an old friend named leslie bell he would have been born around 1938, he was based in colchester army barracks around 1958 he had a friend in colchester called possibly arthur robin, he was in the royal signals he originaly came from warren lane chapletown any information on the whereabouts of him would be appreiciated as im interested to know what has happened to him.

i am lookin for an old friend named leslie bell he would have been born around 1938, he was based in colchester army barracks around 1958 he had a friend in colchester called possibly arthur robin, he was in the royal signals he originaly came from warren lane chapletown any information on the whereabouts of him would be appreiciated as im interested to know what has happened to him.

hi dont know of him but if u think he lived in warren lane chapletown might be

worth a trip down their and knock on a few doors,thats what i would do/u might be surprised the information u might get/anayway good look hope u find him...

Hi maureen - the most likely entry in the births index is a Leslie Bell who was born in the Wortley registration district (which included Chapeltown and Ecclesfield) in July-Sept. 1936. A Leslie Bell married a Dorothy Herbert [born Sheffield 1938] in Sheffield in 1959. The 2003 electoral roll shows a Leslie and Dorothy Bell at an address in Ecclesfield. PM me if you'd like the address and phone number - it might not be the right person but you never know, and good luck!.:)

Hi maureen - the most likely entry in the births index is a Leslie Bell who was born in the Wortley registration district (which included Chapeltown and Ecclesfield) in July-Sept. 1936. A Leslie Bell married a Dorothy Herbert [born Sheffield 1938] in Sheffield in 1959. The 2003 electoral roll shows a Leslie and Dorothy Bell at an address in Ecclesfield. PM me if you'd like the address and phone number - it might not be the right person but you never know, and good luck!.:)

It's not the same Les &Dorothy Bell in Ecclesfield, as I know them both. Les came from Leeds.

Good try, hillsboro!.:) I also looked at birth and marriage records - the Leslie Bell who married Dorothy Ward in 1959 had a middle initial 'H' which isn't shown in the birth entry of 1936. A Leslie H. Bell is shown as having been born in North Leeds in 1937. The Leslie Bell (without a middle initial) who married Dorothy Herbert in 1959 may well be the right one, but where do they live?.:(

Good try, hillsboro!.:) I also looked at birth and marriage records - the Leslie Bell who married Dorothy Ward in 1959 had a middle initial 'H' which isn't shown in the birth entry of 1936. A Leslie H. Bell is shown as having been born in North Leeds in 1937. The Leslie Bell (without a middle initial) who married Dorothy Herbert in 1959 may well be the right one, but where do they live?.:(

The 'H' stands for Howard. Both Les and Dorothy are very talented people.

Archived