Parking legally infront of your own house?

You could really annoy them and park in front of their houses (not blocking the drive) as it's perfectly legal to do so :)

I've had someone do that at my parents, I was parked across from their drive and he asked me not to park there!? Perfectly legal etc etc. Some people think they own all land in front of their houses.

It's actually perfectly legal to park infront of their drive aslong as their car isn't on the drive lol!!!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I wouldn't recommend this though x

No it isn't (you're denying legitimate access).

Trust me, it is. It's something I have looked into extensively. It's inconsiderate but unenforceable. My neighbour used to do it to me constantly and there was nothing I could do about it:mad::mad::mad:

Which will cost £140, assuming you're under Sheffield council - and please note that it does not mean the space is allocated to you personally. It just means that anyone parking in it should display a blue badge.

Furthermore, it's not legally enforceable; if some arrogant oik from next door insists on parking in "your" disabled bay without a blue badge, there is nothing that anyone can do to stop him. Our own decision was that, given this fact, it's not worth the money to have it done; however the council do say that it's largely successful where used.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/policies-plans-performances/non-regulatory-markings

Worth a try though? Other than that, he could always put up a notice stating that his space has been sanctioned by the Taliban.......'If you are not the legitimate user of this space, park here and.....boom!' OR he could put up a sign outside his house saying 'JOB CENTRE' ..........that would keep most of his miscreant neighbours and their friends away, permanently!

Worth a try though?

At least two people on this road have had the bays painted on, and I've never seen any rows about people parking in them, so perhaps they do work.

We've - so far - not had such a problem parking as to feel it was worthwhile paying £140 for something that still doesn't guarantee us a space. I wouldn't try to persuade anyone else not to bother, I just wanted to sound a cautionary note.

No it isn't (you're denying legitimate access).

A driver has legitimate access from his drive into the road, and you can be charged with obstruction for blocking it. Nobody is legally entitled to get into their own drive, and you cannot be charged with obstruction for preventing them doing so.

In short, parking in front of an empty drive is not illegal. It probably should be, but it isn't.

A driver has legitimate access from his drive into the road, and you can be charged with obstruction for blocking it. Nobody is legally entitled to get into their own drive, and you cannot be charged with obstruction for preventing them doing so.

In short, parking in front of an empty drive is not illegal. It probably should be, but it isn't.

Yay, finally I have some back up!!! Thanks Heading North:love::love::love:

Yay, finally I have some back up!!! Thanks Heading North:love::love::love:

Logged for future reference:thumbsup:.

Edit.. Does this also apply to drives with the white "H" painted infront of them?

you can not be charged with obstruction, you could if the police could be bothered to attend recieve a £30 ticket for unnecessary obstruction but i would think a knock on the neighbours door would result in it been moved.

you can not be charged with obstruction, you could if the police could be bothered to attend recieve a £30 ticket for unnecessary obstruction

I don't know what the legal procedure is. My point is that it is obstruction to block someone into a drive, but not to block someone out of it.

Archived