Parking legally infront of your own house?

A driver has legitimate access from his drive into the road, and you can be charged with obstruction for blocking it. Nobody is legally entitled to get into their own drive, and you cannot be charged with obstruction for preventing them doing so.

In short, parking in front of an empty drive is not illegal. It probably should be, but it isn't.

What if there is a car in a garage? So drive looks empty but owner is still blocked in?

You're just being silly now:hihi::hihi::hihi:

If you are parked infront of someones garage and it has a car in it, therefore causing an obstruction then in effect the person who's property it is can actually get your car towed away. £130 please Mr car owner.

Another thing I learned whilst looking into this is that you can actually park your car on someone elses drive (not sure how true this is). And there's absolutely nothing they can do about it. If said person then builds a fence around your car, you can't retrieve it:loopy::loopy::loopy:

Funny eh? It's amazing what you find when you look:hihi::hihi:

We once saw out of our window that the neighbour across the road was taking pictures of peoples tax discs, numberplates and how close they were to the kerb. My mate who saw her was shocked and just as she was about to take the pictures of his he ran out and paused over the bonnet haha

Hi people,

In my house my mum and brother both have cars which they park on our drive which holds 2cars. Then on the road when my 2brothers partners come over they park their cars on the front of the house on the road, not on the pavement and fully T&T with insurance. So when everyone is at the house there are 4cars on the front of the house.

Well our neighbours have been complaining to my brother telling him not to park so many cars on the front which has been causing him stress.

The thing is that all our neighbours only have 1 car and have a drive that can hold 2 cars so they don't need do park on the road anyway but just to be awkward they get out early in the morning just to move their car onto the road and complain again if they cant.

In a few week I will be getting my first car and it will be easier for me to park on the road where there is more room for my hoist to lift my wheelchair but I know the neighbours are going to carry on complaining but next time to me.

Are there any rules as to how many cars you can park infront of your house that are fully T&T with insurance and not blocking any driveways etc?

tell them too get a life??

someone at my old house kept parking infront of our drive (with car on drive) so at 4.30am every saturday morning when we used to go away for the weekend we had to bang on there front door over and over to get them to move it, normally taking at least an hour.

after 4 weeks of this i gave up wacked the music up loud as i could and repeatedly beeped horn took him 5 mins to shift it when the whole street was outside kicking of at him (they knew we had been having probs and luckily was understanding to why i did it!)

after the hassle he got he never parked there again :D

the reason he kept parking there was "becuase he always had done way before we scraped our front garden and had a drive put in and he wasn't moving for anyone i'll just have to park else where"

Hi people,

In my house my mum and brother both have cars which they park on our drive which holds 2cars. Then on the road when my 2brothers partners come over they park their cars on the front of the house on the road, not on the pavement and fully T&T with insurance. So when everyone is at the house there are 4cars on the front of the house.

Well our neighbours have been complaining to my brother telling him not to park so many cars on the front which has been causing him stress.

The thing is that all our neighbours only have 1 car and have a drive that can hold 2 cars so they don't need do park on the road anyway but just to be awkward they get out early in the morning just to move their car onto the road and complain again if they cant.

In a few week I will be getting my first car and it will be easier for me to park on the road where there is more room for my hoist to lift my wheelchair but I know the neighbours are going to carry on complaining but next time to me.

Are there any rules as to how many cars you can park infront of your house that are fully T&T with insurance and not blocking any driveways etc?

You havent said but where they park is there also cars parked on the opposite side of the road?

Archived