Barnsley - good place to live?

I dont think i've ever come across a nasty barnsley person. They all seem very friendly and honest.

Us sheffielders should learn something from them.

You should try going on a night out there.

Thanks peeps for all your input.

I think Barnsley will be a great place to live.

Do you know any community site or forum about Barnsley?

Any info appreciated!

It rough?

Always found Barnsley folk quite blunt and say what they mean, but generally OK. Strange how we live so close yet you can pick a Barnsley accent from a mile!

I've been there a few times for nights out, and usually see at least 1 fight in every bar.

I don't think its any worse in Barnsley than in any other small town though. Chesterfield is even worse.

I've been there a few times for nights out, and usually see at least 1 fight in every bar.

I don't think its any worse in Barnsley than in any other small town though. Chesterfield is even worse.

TBH I'm in my 30s and my time of every weekend up town are behind me now. But the last few time I've been in Sheffield, I get the feeling things are bubbling and its going to kick off and you usually see summat. Must be my age but town doesn't feel safe anymore

I assume by upper they mean houses around Doncaster Road and Kendray hospital. I would not live there. No matter how much they told me the crime rate has dropped.

QUOTE]

I live in this area and in the 6 years Ive lived here have never experienced a problem other than a few rowdy kids and maybe a few late night revellers returning from the pubs.

Ive seen the houses you're posting about and I have to admit they're really nice. They're in the middle of a council estate, and there are a few dodgy houses there, but from what I can see, they're doing much to improve the area.

If I was looking for somewhere to live it wouldnt put me off - good houses at reasonable rents - go for it, I say!!

TBH I'm in my 30s and my time of every weekend up town are behind me now. But the last few time I've been in Sheffield, I get the feeling things are bubbling and its going to kick off and you usually see summat. Must be my age but town doesn't feel safe anymore

It depends where you go, town has places with the small town mentality and others that are much better.

The problem with Barnsley is that there aren't many bars to choose from, and all the idiots gather around the same bars at the same time.