Today I found a dead fly in my M&S salad..

Guest sibon
Blerghh... no it was all squashed and its fly juice would have been in my salad plus I am very wierd when it comes to food any hygiene... :gag:

Thanks for making me feel a bit sicker but fair point though...:confused:

Ah, a squashed fly is different:D Even I would throw that away.

We are far too fussy about bugs in our food though. They get there because the food is tasty. The only solution is to spray the food, which probably causes more health problems.

... but not more than dirty food packers:)

Ah, a squashed fly is different:D Even I would throw that away.

We are far too fussy about bugs in our food though. They get there because the food is tasty. The only solution is to spray the food, which probably causes more health problems.

... but not more than dirty food packers:)

But surely it was on the salad to start with and it wasnt washed properly? Thats my theory anways... I will see what they say when they get back to me!

Guest sibon
But surely it was on the salad to start with and it wasnt washed properly? Thats my theory anways... I will see what they say when they get back to me!

How big was it?

How big was it?

Only a little one... if it was a blue bottle I would marched back to the store, salad in hand and thrown a right paddy!

Still doesnt justify it being there but those little things are harder to see... I still expect a refund or some fly-less choc brownies or something to compensate though - not much to ask! :hihi:

It was aweful... half way through eating it too!! Blerghh!!!

I took some pictures, threw the rest away and sent an email via their website ranting about how disgusted I was...:rant::rant::rant:

Has anyone else experience dead bugs in their food, what did you do and what was the outcome?

Urghh... still feeling sick at the thought of it!!

It could have been worse.. you could have found half of it:gag:.

Archived